Windows 10: Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?

Discus and support Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently made these screenshots using the keys mentioned before, but i cannot see them on my screenshots folder. I had to copy something else, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony_81, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?

I recently made these screenshots using the keys mentioned before, but i cannot see them on my screenshots folder. I had to copy something else, so they are no longer in my clipboard. Are those screenshots deleted or are they saved somewhere else?

:)

Anthony_81, Sep 25, 2019

2. Auto-Save Screenshots?

I noticed that besides auto-saving screenshots in onedrive I have to hold the Windows key and PrtScn for it to save to a folder. Is there a way that just pressing the PrtScn button could just save it to a folder?

JakeMessing, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?

Windows 10 won't save screenshots in Pictures

Pressing windows + PrtScn does nothing. There also no screenshots folder in Pictures.

They would save on one drive but i want them to save on my computer in pictures. Uninstalling one drive did nothing now screenshots wont save at all. I tried moving the old one drive screenshots folder into pictures but windows + PrtScn still does nothing.

I'm using a desktop PC

UPDATE: I tried using the on screen keyboard to take a screenshot and it worked and i remembered my keyboard has a windows key lock so i disabled it and it works

Coconut_672, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved?

1. Where do screenshots made from Alt + PrtScn get saved? - Similar Threads - Where screenshots made

2. Screenshots/ screenrecordings not getting saved........

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots/ screenrecordings not getting saved........: Hello everyone, I need HELP in ANY POSSIBLE WAY.so, last month i moved my all Pictures to my external hard drive, including the folders like Camera roll, Screenshots etc.few days after that i tried using camera and it didn't work, i eventually figured out that it's because I...
  3. Screenshots/ screenrecordings not getting saved........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots/ screenrecordings not getting saved........: Hello everyone, I need HELP in ANY POSSIBLE WAY.so, last month i moved my all Pictures to my external hard drive, including the folders like Camera roll, Screenshots etc.few days after that i tried using camera and it didn't work, i eventually figured out that it's because I...
  4. Screenshots/ screenrecordings not getting saved........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screenshots from WoW not saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots from WoW not saved?: I downloaded World of Warcraft on my new computer but I saved to the D: drive hard drive instead of the C: drive and now I can not find the screenshots that I have taken in the game. Any idea where I could find them? I have tried most things like following the path of...
  6. Cannot find where screenshots are being saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot find where screenshots are being saved: My screenshots are not being saved in the screenshots folder anymore and whenever I take a screenshot, the "screenshot taken" pop up doesn't appear. But when I go into a game like Roblox for instance, screenshots taken in game get saved to a folder called Roblox under...
  7. Alt + Shift + PrtScn changes contrast, how do I reset this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Shift + PrtScn changes contrast, how do I reset this?: Hello So I've been using my computer and I pressed a combination of the buttons Alt, Shift, and PrtScn, and this changed the contrast of my computer, which is fine, but I want to know how to reset it because I would like the original version I had back. Is there a way to...
  8. How to change where my screenshots are saved to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change where my screenshots are saved to?: Hey reddit! I hate having to click on the popup that comes up everytime a take a screenshot with the snipping tool so I searched up how to take a quick ss. So, I tried using it and it just saves them all to my desktop. I absolutley hate this because I CAN NOT have a messy...
  9. Where are screenshots saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  10. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive: I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I wanted to grab (NOT the full desktop. This did NOT require snipping or dragging a shape or whatever. The tool works perfectly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Where do my screenshots go when I use Alt-Prtscn