Windows 10: Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices

Discus and support Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install iTunes from the Windows Store on my local machine, but my local machine doesn't appear in the list of available devices. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DavidBales, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices

I'm attempting to install iTunes from the Windows Store on my local machine, but my local machine doesn't appear in the list of available devices.

I confirmed that I'm logged into my MS account on the local machine and then did the following.

Using Edge:

1) I 'purchased' the free app.

2) I navigated to the iTunes page and selected Install/Open. Nothing happens.

3) I click the ellipsis next to Install/Open and select "Install on my devices" A dialog opens showing another PC on my network (see below), but not the PC I'm sitting at.

Any thoughts on this issue I'm having?

Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices c9467ea6-bdc8-4cdb-be93-b64ead6ad6bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

DavidBales, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Apr 8, 2019
  3. touchpad doesn 't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.

Method 2: If issue persists try to un-install and install latest Disk drives driver and check if it helps. To uninstall driver follow below steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions
    Download latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Apr 8, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices

1. Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices - Similar Threads - Where install dialog

2. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  3. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  4. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device linked to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device linked to...: Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account....
  6. Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?": I am attempting to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo 580G Laptop. The old hard drive was replaced by a 450 GB SSD which before installation in the Lenovo was initialized and formatted on another Windows Laptop ACER Aspire 515-54 via a USB-to-SATA adapter. The initialize and...
  7. "Where do you want to install?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  8. Where do you want to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  9. Where do you want to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...
  10. Incomplete dialog: "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete dialog: "How do you want to open this file?": All the programs/files I need at startup open. However, the above dialog opens during startup every time. It never includes the top section naming the problem file (see attached screen shot of the normal dialog). 1. Is this a bug? Is there a fix for it? 2. If not a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keeps getting where do you want to install? message on lumia