Windows 10: Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run?

Discus and support Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just downloaded software .exe files with MC Edge and i click on run when download prompt appear. After click run software automatically installed and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run?

I just downloaded software .exe files with MC Edge and i click on run when download prompt appear. After click run software automatically installed and complete. Now i want to give my friend this software so he doesn't have to download it. Where does MC Edge store the executable file?
    I check on download folder but its not there, maybe this because i click run instead of save.

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 27, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2019
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run?

Microsoft Edge Auto Saves

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue.

As you know that Microsoft Edge is a new browser and there are a few glitches that needs to be fixed. However, I would suggest that you try to reset Edge and check if the same issue exist. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so.

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage-DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run?

1. Where does Microsoft Edge save the file when you click run? - Similar Threads - Where does Microsoft

2. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  3. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  4. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why the fck does always "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" is running in background when I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the fck does always "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" is running in background when I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSeekerAround [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/s7kta9/why_the_fck_does_always_microsoft_office/
  6. Where does Windows 10 save files when it is called to and cannot save files to Program...

Where does Windows 10 save files when it is called to and cannot save files to Program...: I am using Windows 10 home, updated as by current updates 28/08/2020. I have a legacy program from prior, pre-7 versions of Windows, HeavyMetalPro, which saves data to the Program Files x86 folder. I had inadvertently not been running it is administration mode apparently...
  7. Microsoft Paint 3D - where does it save files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint 3D - where does it save files??: I saved as a file, now I can't find it. It's nowhere. Not in Pictures. Not in MP3D folder. No way to choose default setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint-3d-where-does-it-save-files/95e8f162-1150-4247-ad9e-61f03450f3e4
  8. How to enable "do you want to open or save this file" prompt in Microsoft Edge?

How to enable "do you want to open or save this file" prompt in Microsoft Edge?: OS: Windows 10 64 bit Browser: Edge & Chrome Issue: Whenever click on a file it directly go to download and asking for location to save. Requirement: Just want to open the file without saving to check space usage and if relevant then can save on another attempt or save as...
  9. Microsoft Edge file not saved?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge file not saved?: Hello, everyone, I downloaded the new version of Microsoft Edge today and I don't really know my way around yet. My question: Before you could simply open files (in my case Word - file) without having to save them first. How does this work here, because only the window:...
  10. Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be...: Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be alot better than having to save the picture first. submitted by /u/Mach1Padilla [link] [comments]...