Windows 10: Where does my memory go

Discus and support Where does my memory go in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have for some time emptied my win update clean up after downloading latest updates and noticed that the amount it says I can recover does not seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lawnmower74, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Where does my memory go

I have for some time emptied my win update clean up after downloading latest updates and noticed that the amount it says I can recover does not seem to return to my hard drive this time it said I could recover 5.79 gb on my ssd it said before clearing used 43.4 free 179gb now I have cleared it my ssd says used 42.7gb free space still 179gb the difference on used .7 of a gb where has the other five gone

:)

lawnmower74, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Where does my memory go

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Where does my memory go

1. Where does my memory go - Similar Threads - Where does memory

2. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  3. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  4. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does hardware reserved memory go?: Hello, I was just wondering that where does my hardware reserved memory go and what does it do? Does it help in saving memory for the integrated GPU?Here is a screenshot in task manager:I have 8GB of ram, is this normal? Is there any benefit of having hardware reserved...
  6. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does hardware reserved memory go?: Hello, I was just wondering that where does my hardware reserved memory go and what does it do? Does it help in saving memory for the integrated GPU?Here is a screenshot in task manager:I have 8GB of ram, is this normal? Is there any benefit of having hardware reserved...
  7. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. where did my memory go?

in Windows 10 Support
    where did my memory go?: I just filled up a flash drive with 23 gig of data and deleted the files. my C drive currently shows 9 gig of free space. Windows has been nagging me to do updates for a long time , so Im sure some of the memory was allocated to doing updates. But would that have been 14 gig...
  9. Where is my memory going?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is my memory going?!: Hey, So I have 8 GB of ram installed on my computer. My problem is that when only having open a few tabs on Opera, and a few background apps like Discord, UTorrent and Spotify, I still use 80% of my memory, and my PC starts lagging. When I check my task manager, I can't see...
  10. Where does my 'Start' panel go ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where does my 'Start' panel go ?: Hi guys, Another newbie to this site. Hope you are all well. Since my desktop PC did an automatic upgrade to Win 10, i have a couple of anomalies. Before I go into them, i'm annoyed that I keep losing my 'start' panel. The first time it happened, I thought I'd done...