Windows 10: Where does my 'Start' panel go ?

Discus and support Where does my 'Start' panel go ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Another newbie to this site. Hope you are all well. Since my desktop PC did an automatic upgrade to Win 10, i have a couple of anomalies.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flippin, Sep 14, 2016.

1. flippin Win User

Where does my 'Start' panel go ?

Hi guys,
    Another newbie to this site.
    Hope you are all well.
    Since my desktop PC did an automatic upgrade to Win 10, i have a couple of anomalies.
    Before I go into them, i'm annoyed that I keep losing my 'start' panel.
    The first time it happened, I thought I'd done sommat wrong, but now, after 3 times, I don't think ts me !
    Does this panel hide from me ?
    Does in uninstall ?
    Is it messing me about ?

Apologies if this has been covered. I did a search but came up with nothing close.

Any ideas please ?

:)

flippin, Sep 14, 2016

2. Where did the Control Panel go in the latest Windows 10 update?

control panel lasts about 5 sec. then gone can any one help I have tried all on this few pages

DENNISEVANSRJ, Sep 14, 2016
  3. TimAH_1 Win User
    Where did the Control Panel go in the latest Windows 10 update?

Well, this would be okay if I only had one computer and one login on that computer. I have several and they all have multiple accounts and I would really like it if MS would put it back to where I could just right click the start button and click on the
    Control Panel like before. I don't want to go create a short cut for all my logins. I want MS to do what they like to do and make it a default because they know what is good for me. Like when they do an update every few months and wipe out all my Favorites
    in Edge. Then I have to go into all my accounts and add them back and they all end up in a Group called Favorites grrrrr. So, then I have to click Favorites, Favorites and then where I want to go. I then have to drag and drop them out of that group so I
    don't have to play the clicking game. This really becomes a pain when you have to do it for multiply accounts. If, they just used folders like for Win Explorer I could copy them all at once. Okay rant over.

Please Microsoft, just put the Control Panel back to where I can just Right Click the Start Button and then Click Control Panel.

TimAH_1, Sep 14, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Did you have Windows 8 before? The start screen that exited there doesn't any more in Windows 10 - there is only the start menu now that you get by pressing the *Start key.

Is that what you mean?

5. flippin Win User
    That was quick - thank you.

I had Win 7 Ult before.

The start panel worked great on Win 10,,,, for a while. Then last week it disappeared, so I re populated it.

Yesterday though, it disappeared again.

I didn't know if this was 'normal' ?

cheers

flippin, Sep 14, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, do you mean that you had tiles on your start screen, and now those tiles have disappeared?

I.e.
    = the tiles disappeared - not the start screen?

I had tiles disappear from the start menu when I upgraded to the anniversary edition. That's the only time.
    P.S. I don't use the Win10 start menu as it is comparatively useless compared to Classic Shell (free) for me.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  7. Alphaheat Win User
    Are you experiencing similar problems like me?

Here's my thread on it, can you let me know if you're in the same spot? It would be nice to know that multiple people are having this problem.

Link: Start Menu Buggy After a Few Hours

Alphaheat, Sep 15, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

@Alphaheat - your thread doesn't appear to be about the start menu, but about clicking on things found in Cortana.
    The start menu is launched from the button at the bottom left of the screen. The videos in your thread all show Cortana, which appears when you type in the search box. Am I correct?

If so, a lot of people have given inappropriate answers!

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  9. Alphaheat Win User
    Yeah main problem is the search box. If people were giving me wrong answers it sure was apparent because none of them worked.

Alphaheat, Sep 15, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Well, your thread was entitled Start Menu... not Cortana... see how easily people are misdirected, a fundamental basis of 'magic'.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  11. flippin Win User
    Sorry guys,
    I hardly use Cortana.
    When I click the start button, up pops 'All 'apps' as they are now called, along with the Start panel. This came populated with some default stuff, which I added other things to.
    Three times now, the whole Start panel disappears,,,, not just the programs.

When I meant by Start panel, I meant the panel to the right of the All Apps list - where you can just see Word & Excel.

Where does my 'Start' panel go ? [​IMG]

Sorry, the screen shot won't take the full panel.

Apologies if I confused things by using the wrong terminology.

flippin, Sep 15, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    Just grab right edge and stretch it to the right.

CountMike, Sep 15, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

It's ok, I know you are talking about the start menu, not Cortana.. problem was Alphaheat referring to his thread entited start menu when actually he's concerned about Cortana.... but people have been answering his thread about the start menu !!!! Now how confusing is that.

Hi, do you mean that you had tiles on your start screen, and now those tiles have disappeared?
    (My post #4)

Or as CountMike suggests, your start menu has simply shrunk in size?

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  14. CountMike New Member
    There's also "Show more tiles" setting

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where does my 'Start' panel go ? - Similar Threads - Where does 'Start'

2. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  3. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does my question go?: When I submit a question here on the Microsoft website answers.microsoft.com, where does my question go and how can I see the answers that someone might provide? I checked the box to be notified when someone responds, but it doesn't say how I'll be notified. I didn't enter in...
  4. Where does my question go?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. where did my start up screen go?

where did my start up screen go?: Where did all my apps and my desktop startup go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-start-up-screen-go/dafb1ed3-968b-47d8-b08e-917499a30ad5
  6. where does my windows adk download go

where does my windows adk download go: I downloaded 7.5 Gb of Windows ADK in my opinion I downloaded it is to be verified this is the link Windows ADK downloads 7.5 GB https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...deployment-kit Here are a couple of screenshots I took while downloading it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Where does my memory go

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where does my memory go: I have for some time emptied my win update clean up after downloading latest updates and noticed that the amount it says I can recover does not seem to return to my hard drive this time it said I could recover 5.79 gb on my ssd it said before clearing used 43.4 free 179gb now...
  8. Where did my start menu go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my start menu go?: Hi guys! Last night my computer restarted and did some updates, and this morning I no longer have a start menu? I can right click on the task bar to get a context menu, but hitting the windows symbol, or pressing the windows key on my keyboard no longer works! Task...
  9. Where does the Win 10 download go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where does the Win 10 download go?: Hi I registered for Win 10 and then cancelled. Last week, there was a large (3GB or so) hit on my Broadband allowance, which seems to roughly coincide with the size of Win 10. How can I see whether the files have been downloaded? Where does it put them and what would I do if...
  10. where is the control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the control panel?: this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere. 13477