Windows 10: Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside.

Discus and support Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to do this. When I click on a mailto:joseph21@email.com it will open the link of the mail app in firefox, IE, Chrome, etc. Where is the app... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pectin232, Feb 20, 2016.

1. pectin232 Win User

Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside.

I am trying to do this. When I click on a mailto:joseph21@email.com it will open the link of the mail app in firefox, IE, Chrome, etc. Where is the app located. I did a search for mail but did not show any that is the built in mail app. Is there a way to export all the settings of the built in mail app to outlook 2016 instead of filling everything all again? I like the built in mail app as it is fast lightweight and save time

:)

pectin232, Feb 20, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 upgrade - What happens to WINDOWS LIVE MAIL configured on my existing Windows 7?

Windows Live Mail will be preserved, Windows 10 does include a built in Mail app though.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Right click send to mail recipient not working

Can you please read the question and realize the MAIL APP is not Outlook ??? MAIL APP is the Mail and Calendar app built in WINDOWS 10. It is a shame that Microsoft does not fix this, even a 10 year old phone had a mail app that behaved as a default Email
    Client.

Your thoughts?

PETRUBODEA, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I believe you'll find the apps here:
    %AppData%\..\Local\Packages

According to this:
    Sending mail from Windows store app
    it should work.
    (On mine I have Thunderbird installed, with all protocols assigned - and mailto:... opens that. No real surprise there).

Years ago, having suffered the Outlook Express => Win Mail => No we haven't got a client in Win 8 I decided to move to Thunderbird. Moving mail, rules, contacts etc with 3rd party tools became a challenge I no longer wanted.

dalchina, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Where does the built in Windows 10 Mail App reside. - Similar Threads - Where does built

2. where do unfinished video projects reside?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do unfinished video projects reside?: My Windows 10 Surface died and I bought a new Surface with Windows 11. I read that I needed to download Legacy Photos in order to work on y Windows 10 video projects.How do I find them?I searched for 1 whose name I remembered and it came up but without a file location. Where...
  3. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  4. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  5. Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?

Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?: Where is the folder on my hard drive that contains the emails for the mail app in windows 10? I have seen answers to others with this same question that indicate that the files are located in...
  6. Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.

Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.: I can't create a new folder in Microsoft 10 built-in mail app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-10-built-in-mail-app/ecb93451-0c6c-4136-8e33-89c48dc71cd1
  7. windows 10 built in mail

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 built in mail: I have windows 10 built in mail ,but when I try to use the send to menu I get this message. 69167
  8. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...
  9. Logging out Windows built-it Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Logging out Windows built-it Mail App?: Is there a way to sign out the Mail app? I did turn the Sync off, but I was wondering if there's a way to completely sign out, or even remove this app? 38894
  10. Where does the OS reside after an upgrade installation ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where does the OS reside after an upgrade installation ?: This is just something I wondered over. For example... if you take a traditional HDD and install Windows then I believe the OS will reside in a contiguous portion of the drive. So if you had Windows installed on a 100Gb partition and the OS took 20Gb, then the first 20Gb...