Windows 10: Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live?

Discus and support Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Work has a problem with a persistent, but random crash to desktop caused by the AMD display driver. I am wondering where the crash logs live on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Gurn Blanston, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live?

Work has a problem with a persistent, but random crash to desktop caused by the AMD display driver. I am wondering where the crash logs live on the computer. I have looked but cannot find them.

The equipment is a Ryzen 3 3200G and we are using the integrated graphics from the CPU.

To rule out the obvious, we have tried both new and old graphics drivers from AMD, to no avail. Diagnostics for the machine come up clean. The devs at work would like to look at the crash logs to see if the application software that we have written is interfering with the graphics driver, or if it is the other way around. We are pretty much sure that we can fix it, but we need to know where the fault is occurring, thus the need for the logs.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Specs:
    Ryzen 3 3200G using integrated graphics
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    ASUS B450M motherboard

:)

Gurn Blanston, Jan 14, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ATI AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics with dedicated VRAM ATI AMD Radeon R5 M240 always crashes

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for updating.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in previous post? If yes please share the results to assist you further.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers and check.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

• Press "Windows Logo" + "X" keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on "Device Manager" from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select "Uninstall". On the un-installation window, if you have an option: "Delete the driver software for this device" you may select that and
      then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    • Download the latest Graphics adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

If the issue persists follow the steps below.

• Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
    • Click the More Details arrow to expand the view
    • Scroll down to Desktop Window Manager (it's in the "Windows Processes" group)
    • Right click it and choose End Task.
    • Check the Abandon unsaved data and shut down box, then click
      Shut Down. (Note: this warning is misleading, Windows will not shut down -- it just restarts the window manager).
    • After a moment, the start menu and taskbar should work again.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live?

AMD Graphics Card is not working

After I upgraded to Windows 10, I had an awesome experience at everything except at playing high end games and running heavy graphic software. Then I found that AMD Graphics Card was not recognised by the PC. The AMD Graphics Driver was missing. But Intel
    HD 4000 Graphics works fine. But that won't suffice. I found a graphics driver in AMD site and it's currently queued for download. But, how will I get switchable Graphics? Will the driver itself contain the options for switching between Intel HD 4000 Graphics
    and AMD HD8670M Graphics. Please help...

Abishek Naagendra, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live?

1. Where does the crash long for an AMD graphics card live? - Similar Threads - Where does crash

2. Graphics card crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card crashing?: Hello, So I've come here today to try and figure out what's going with my computer, I have installed several games onto my computer and some of them decide they want to crash and not appear. Whenever I run these games most of the times I am using steam, when I launch the game...
  3. AMD Graphics Card keeps crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Graphics Card keeps crashing randomly: First I will start with my Gpus laptopIntergrated : AMD R4 Cpu A6-9225Switchable/discrete : Radeon 530What happens? : Laptop opens everything fine But randomly at any time my mouse stops moving , my screen freeze and then gpu crashes and laptop shutdowns/restartsCrashes...
  4. AMD Graphics Card keeps crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Card keeps crashing randomly: First I will start with my Gpus laptopIntergrated : AMD R4 Cpu A6-9225Switchable/discrete : Radeon 530What happens? : Laptop opens everything fine But randomly at any time my mouse stops moving , my screen freeze and then gpu crashes and laptop shutdowns/restartsCrashes...
  5. AMD Graphics Card keeps crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Graphics Card Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Crash: It made this dump -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhO5tAn9wYtkh5NPu5CC9B4OrTfAzno9/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-crash/9ccf873f-89a6-44f7-81e9-ee97a39408ce
  7. AMD Graphics Card

AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  8. AMD Graphics card problem

AMD Graphics card problem: Hi,I am having a problem with my AMD graphics card. Everything was fine, till about a month and half ago. My pc just got stuck, so I restarted the pc and I had these horizontal lines across my screen, then this old loading screen that looked like windows vista, then I got a...
  9. My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card

My computer does not detect my AMD Graphics Card: I had just updated my Windows 10 Home to OS Build 18362.959. Before this, my PC detected my AMD R9 M290X graphics card just fine. I left it on sleep mode and returned a few hours later. Afterwards, I uninstalled my display driver as it was out of date, before restarting the...
  10. amd graphic card is not used but installed

amd graphic card is not used but installed: [ATTACH] there is written windows did noot start drive because it can cause computer unstabe how to fix this the gpu only work in 3D paint app not in photoshop or any other apps PLS HELP...