Windows 10: Where does the update tool cache the installation files?

Discus and support Where does the update tool cache the installation files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a call from my grandfather, and he told me that he burned through three-quarters of his 5gb hotspot data plan in one day. My thoughts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NastyMan, Jul 30, 2015.

1. NastyMan Win User

Where does the update tool cache the installation files?

I just got a call from my grandfather, and he told me that he burned through three-quarters of his 5gb hotspot data plan in one day. My thoughts are that the timing of this is all too coincidental, and that his PC may have cached the Windows 10 installation files. I'm gonna get him setup with teamviewer later this evening and take a look, but I would appreciate if anyone had some information on what I should be looking for. I believe he his running windows 8, but I'm not 100% on that.

:)

NastyMan, Jul 30, 2015

2. where does WP8 cache passwords

yeah that's right. My phone, which should have nothing to do with their account, is attempting to connect to our network using their credentials.

Harison Banks, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    where does WP8 cache passwords

If you're thinking of deleting some file on the phone, this is not in any user-accessible place. Has the user tried completely removing the account from the phone and setting it up again? Is the user getting new content from the account or is it immediately
    locking it out?

Entegy, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Where does the update tool cache the installation files?

1. Where does the update tool cache the installation files? - Similar Threads - Where does update

2. Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?: Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-windows-10-mail-cache/04e45466-98df-4dfd-95e9-d5fa0775d322
  3. Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache?: Where is the Windows 10 Mail cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-windows-10-mail-cache/04e45466-98df-4dfd-95e9-d5fa0775d322
  4. Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we control where browsers store their cache files?: I see no setting to enable me to change it from the default C:\Users location they all seem to be in. Is this impossible? I use several browsers....
  5. Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we control where browsers store their cache files?: I see no setting to enable me to change it from the default C:\Users location they all seem to be in. Is this impossible? I use several browsers....
  6. Where are the Internet Files and system cache stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the Internet Files and system cache stored?: Hello, could I know where the Internet Files and system cache are stored in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-internet-files-and-system-cache/7d7f997d-b28d-4ab4-9074-015400889027
  7. Does sync center automatically cache offline files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does sync center automatically cache offline files?: I logged into a computer I use on occasion to watch movies. It is connected to the TV but also handle a small home video surveillance (Blue Iris). I noticed a message from the sync center that I had run out of cache space. It listed 3 movies as filling up the cache. I have...
  8. where is the clean cache in Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where is the clean cache in Edge?: Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-clean-cache-in-edge/f882499a-585f-4c26-bae6-ec79c12f5cb0
  9. Files cached?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files cached?: I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such as DIR >>output.txt) and then tries to read that file, but the command to process the file gets an error "The process cannot...
  10. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812