Windows 10: Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files?

Discus and support Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so I was recently trying to make a video in the Video Editor section of the Windows 10 Photo Viewer App. As I was 'finishing video' by letting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Foxtrot Twelve, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files?

Hi, so I was recently trying to make a video in the Video Editor section of the Windows 10 Photo Viewer App. As I was 'finishing video' by letting the program merge all my scenes and create the actual video file, the program crashed. So I tried it again: finalized the video and let it convert, but this time the computer crashed. I tried it a third time and it worked, but now I have 100 extra GB on my hard drive, so I am assuming there are GB of temp files somewhere since the Video Editor/Photo Viewer never finished the video. Does anyone know where I can find these temp files? Specifically the Photo Viewer's temp files? "Photo viewer" is such a generic name that any google search on this matter pulls up results from 2005 which are obviously outdated or it pulls up Windows Movie Maker which I was NOT using.

Thank you for your help.

:)

Foxtrot Twelve, Nov 25, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Vashnik Win User
    Setting Defaults Broken: Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Here is what Windows Photo Viewer shows that it supports:

Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io

Windows Photo Viewer can be from the "Choose default apps by file type." In fact, here is the list of Windows Photo Associations and how they're being associated with in the "Choose default apps by file type" window:

BMP is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show up as selected in the above screenshot.

DIB is supported by Windows Photo Viewer and is not associated with it, despite Windows Photo Viewer being the default program for photos.

GIF is supported, but is associated with the "Photos" Windows 10 app, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JFIF is supported, but is not associated with any application at all, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPE is supported, but is associated with WavePad Sound Editor, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPG and JPEG both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show as selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to.

JXR is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

PNG is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but not selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to be.

TIF and TIFF both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer and is selected like in the screenshot above.

WDP is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

Vashnik, Nov 25, 2020
  4. cheeesus Win User

Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files?

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files?

1. Where does the Windows 10 Photo-Viewer-App's Video Editor keep temporary files? - Similar Threads - Where does Photo

2. Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App...: Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App but now with Windows 10 it's soooo complicated!!!...
  3. Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files: I've been using the Photo Apps Video Editor to create a travel movie. The project has taken me months of work. I updated windows and now I open my project and almost every single video on the timeline says "cannot find file". The original files were never moved and are still...
  4. Video Editor in Photo app

Video Editor in Photo app: I use the Video Editor in the Photo app on my old desktop pc almost daily, I have just purchased a new laptop and the Video Editor is not available on it, any advice ???...
  5. Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor

Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor: I recently purchased a laptop with the latest version of Windows 10, it is version 2004. The latest update must have removed the hidden video editor from the Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? It now only allows you to trim, draw, slow it down. I literally went to...
  6. Photos App does not have video editor

Photos App does not have video editor: Hi, The Photos app in my new Surface Pro 7 device does not have the video editor. How do I get the video editor back to my app? Windows version: Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Microsoft Photos 2019.18114.19418.0 Thanks....
  7. New Windows 10 and Photo app and Video Editor

New Windows 10 and Photo app and Video Editor: I realised today that my laptop with windows 10 didn't have the Photo app as my daughter needed the Video Maker for homework. I reinstalled Windows 10 and don't have the Microsoft store app either so can't seem to download the Photo or Video editor. If there is way of...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor: We are using the photo app to edit video clips. The voices sound like chipmunks, help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-video-editor/6e556721-efdc-4689-a559-528c99229dca
  9. Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

Windows photo app video editor "can't find file": I started a video project and then when I came back to work on it again, it says "can't find files" and everything is gone. The files themselves haven't moved. I recently updated my laptop - could this be the issue? Where should I expect to find the file. Can this be...
  10. Windows photos video editor keeps loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows photos video editor keeps loading: I have so far resetted, repaired and uninstalled photos editor but still it just keeps having this black buffering on screen. it lets me use video after first 30seconds but not the whole video. I was just editing videos and this bug came all of a sudden with next project and...