Windows 10: Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder

Discus and support Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 'Been using Windows Live Mail for nearly 2 years. Last week the Contacts list disappeared - the window appears to be 'greyed out'. Where do I find if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aesculus, Nov 15, 2016.

1. aesculus Win User

Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder

'Been using Windows Live Mail for nearly 2 years. Last week the Contacts list disappeared - the window appears to be 'greyed out'. Where do I find if my contacts list is recoverable?

Hmmm. Local time should read 13.54! Must fix GMT setting.

:)

aesculus, Nov 15, 2016

2. Window Defender will not stay turned on is new windows 10 upgrade

I recommend Windows 10 Mail, just add the Windows Live Mail webmail address and have it sync your Inbox, Contacts and Calendar.

Set up email and calendar - Windows Help

Contacts will also load in your People app.

If you want to use the older Windows Live Mail program you should set it up the same way. If you have data stored on the PC it should still be in the AppData folder where Windows Live stores its data:

Where Does Windows Live Mail Store My Mail? | PCWorld

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Importing Windows Live mail info into Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 with Windows Live Mail to Windows 10 with mail. However all of my contacts and saved mail folders stored in Windows Live Mail appear to be lost. How do I recover the Windows Live Mail information and where can I put it in Windows
    10?

DonCochron, Nov 15, 2016
Thema:

Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder

1. Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder - Similar Threads - Where does store

2. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  3. What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?: I've seen this question posed to MS Help several different times & in every instance, the question is ignored, not answered. Then the thread gets locked. These questions go back to 2016-2017 & have never been answered. I want to save my People contacts from an old computer to...
  4. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  5. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder: I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In Contacts, it is asking for my Microsoft password. I gave it the password and it is stated it was the wrong password. I...
  6. Windows Live Mail : Contact button does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail : Contact button does not work: I had to do a full reset of Windows 10. Since then in WLM the Contacts button does not work. Did a reinstall but did not help. 127935
  7. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  8. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493
  9. Win Live Mail lost some contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail lost some contacts: Desktop PC,Win 10,FF primary,IE secondary. I used Outlook mail on my XP laptop and liked it. When I got this PC I could not use Outlook and went to Live Mail. I do not find it to be user friendly like the old Outlook. Today I went to send an email and found about half of my...
  10. Win 10.1, Live Mail, delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10.1, Live Mail, delete contacts: Win 10.1 - I am using Live Mail and cant seem to delete any contacts. Edit in LM does not work for me. Help! Thanks 55365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are contacts file stored for windows live mail in windows 10

2. in what folder are mail 10 contacts stored in windows 10

3. windows 10 contacts folder windows 10

4. where does windows live mail store contacts in windows 10,
  5. where does win 10 mail store contacts,
  6. where des windows live mail store contacts,
  7. where does windows live email 2012 store contacts with .dll extensin