Windows 10: Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu?

Discus and support Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In prior Windows versions I could go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TallRayHialeah, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu?

In prior Windows versions I could go to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

To see the shortcuts to the Start Menu. But now I have Apps that show up on the program list and are NOT in these folders. It seems that there is somewhere else that W10 keeps the shortcuts.

The reason I would like to find that place is that I am trying to schedule the execution of an App that appears in the Start Menu but not in the aforementioned folders. The Task Scheduler does not let me execute the App from its folder location because I do not have permission in that folder. I thought that if there is a shortcut somewhere, I could execute through it.

Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu? f5d2f505-4252-4415-8f61-f21cbd0426e4?upload=true.jpg

:)

TallRayHialeah, Sep 11, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu?

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu?

1. Where does Windows 10 keep the Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Where does keep

2. Windows Start menu does not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start menu does not open: When I click Windows Start, I very briefly get a busy pointer, then nothing appears to happen.Are you able to help me, please?NB, google searching for "windows start menu doesn't open" and applying all the top 10 alleged fixes did not help.Thanks....
  3. Fixing problem where Start Menu does not appear when clicking Start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing problem where Start Menu does not appear when clicking Start button: Today the Start menu started not to appear when I clicked the Start button. Still, the Search bar worked, and the admin menu worked when I right-clicked the Start button. I followed suggestions I read elsewhere: ran system file checker sfc and it found no problems. the...
  4. Windows start menu keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu keeps breaking: From time to time the Windows start menu will become unresponsive. I’ve run sfc/scannow, as well as DISM. Neither finds any issues and the only thing that seems to fix it is a restart or restarting the Windows Explorer service. I’m one version behind the May release, but I’m...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu does not work: Hello. I'm having a serious problem with my laptop. When it started, the taskbar wouldn't work at all. Whenever the cursor landed on the taskbar it displayed that loading/buffering animation. It wouldn't show any of the apps fixed on the taskbar and the icons wouldn't work...
  6. Windows start menu does not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu does not open: I am experiencing issue with Windows 10, that windows menu does not open on windows click nor on the Win key. Unlike of the older similar thread however, everything else works, including right-mouse button, pinned applications, etc - only start menu does not open. On first...
  7. Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?

Where is the location of the Win 10 start menu files?: For whatever reason, even without updates, the start menu no longer works. I can't roll back to a previous version because there was no actual update. I do not have time to download, customize, and transfer all files to a new account (which is bizarre, seeing as how a start...
  8. Windows 10 - Start Menu does not working

Windows 10 - Start Menu does not working: Some our Windows 10 users can't open Start Menu (not working) They can open Strat Menu after run PowerShell cmdlet below, Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But it is a temporary...
  9. where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?: I looked online but it just said click on the start menu and type in calc.exe. I am looking for where it is in the start menu instead of where to access it. 72647
  10. Windows 10 Start menu keeps bugging out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu keeps bugging out: Hi all My start menu has recently started to bug out after what seems like a certain amount of time has passed. I have left my PC running idle with no apps, afk with a game and also afk with an app and after a couple of hours it's always the same. Here is a screen shot of...