Windows 10: Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?

Discus and support Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]All of us use different types of peripherals with our computers. A hardware device that we connect to a computer externally is referred to as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?

Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers? where-windows-stores-drivers.png
    All of us use different types of peripherals with our computers. A hardware device that we connect to a computer externally is referred to as a peripheral, like a keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. When you connect a peripheral to your computer for the first time, Windows takes some time to install the drivers compatible with […]

This article Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 21, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers?

1. Where does Windows save or store Device Drivers? - Similar Threads - Where does save

2. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  3. Where does the webcam save photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does the webcam save photos?: If I open the webcam app, then get it to show the correct camera attached and press the "take a picture" button, there is really no clue where the file will get saved at all. I don't have a D drive, and the folder is writeable. And if I change the storage from C to C and...
  4. Where does windows store information used to recognize individual devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does windows store information used to recognize individual devices?: I got a new iPhone and accidentally clicked the wrong choice when prompted what to do with this device and now the phone won't show up in iTunes. It shows up on the PC in device manager. I wiped everything apple from the PC using BCUBulk **** Uninstaller including the...
  5. Where does windows store information used to recognize individual devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does windows store information used to recognize individual devices?: I got a new iPhone and accidentally clicked the wrong choice when prompted what to do with this device and now the phone won't show up in iTunes. It shows up on the PC in device manager. I wiped everything apple from the PC using BCUBulk **** Uninstaller including the...
  6. Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?: I have a back up of the user folder when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 yet emails that were saved in the mail aplication in folders have not transfer in the upgrade. Where are they contained and are they recoverable?...
  7. Does anyone know where Smartdraw 2017 auto save files are stored?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know where Smartdraw 2017 auto save files are stored?: My computer froze up and I lost some data while drawing up a plan. I know the file was auto saved because it restored it once but I failed to save it because it froze again quickly. Now it’s not giving me the option to restore the auto save anymore. Does anyone know where I...
  8. where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?: Whenever I visit e.g. an on-line retailer and am asked to provide my email address, as soon as I enter a couple of characters, Windows brings up a list of email addresses from which I can select my latest one. The list contains many old email addresses of mine and my late...
  9. where does windows save “Most Used” data?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where does windows save “Most Used” data?: i`m developing a program and i need to know what are the most used apps, they are shown on start menu: [ATTACH] where does windows keep the data about most used apps? and how can i read them? by the way i`m using c# and electron for this project...
  10. Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games: My new machine shipped today, (!!!!!YAY!!!!!!), and should be here soon. My question : is there a folder/file I can save to a flash drive that will save my progress in a game? I've played this one silly little Tower defense game ,BTD5, for years now. First online then I...