Windows 10: Where does Windows store folder view icons?

Discus and support Where does Windows store folder view icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Below are the icons that Im looking to locate and replace. I have skimmed through imageres.dll, explorerframe.dll , shell32.dll and 60 more .dll and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by woncon, Mar 4, 2017.

1. woncon Win User

Where does Windows store folder view icons?

Below are the icons that Im looking to locate and replace.

I have skimmed through imageres.dll, explorerframe.dll , shell32.dll and 60 more .dll and .cpl files in both SySWoW64 and system32 directories, but have not managed to located these 14 icons.

Does anyone know which .dll / .exe / .cpl file these icons are located in?

Ive replaced almost all system icons but these 14 are starting to drive me bonkers.

Where does Windows store folder view icons? [​IMG]

:)

woncon, Mar 4, 2017

2. N73, Gallery and files

Does anyone know how i can store personal/private photos/videos to a seperate folder other than albums to where only i know where they are and cant just be viewed by anyone who picks up my phone to have a look at it.

rykss47---01, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Temp Files & Folders

Hi

I'm not familiar with Maemo (Linux), but in Windows there are temporary folders that start filling up and need emptying every so often.

Now I've installed and uninstalled a few apps on my N900 and opened a few email attachments and in Windows there would be left-over temporary files that should automatically be deleted but aren't, and because of this there are windows apps designed to remove
    all unnecessary temp files and folders as well as cleaning out the registry.

Does the same sort of thing happen in Linux/Maemo? Does Maemo use a Registry that can get 'dirty'?

When viewing an email attached image, I can view its details which tell me it's stored in a folder called something like '69987334' inide a folder called 'var'. Where is this 'var' folder? And is the image and folder deleted when I close the viewer or am
    I building up a collection of viewed attachments?

Thanks.

garbuckle---01, Mar 4, 2017
Thema:

Where does Windows store folder view icons?

1. Where does Windows store folder view icons? - Similar Threads - Where does store

2. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to view stored passwords in Win 10: I've misplaced my password for my email account. I once saw a screen showing stored passwords in my Win 10 system. How to I locate that information now that I need it. PS. I'd rather not need to renew my password in 4 individual PCs that share my bellsouth.net mail account....
  3. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where to view stored passwords in Win 10: I've misplaced my password for my email account. I once saw a screen showing stored passwords in my Win 10 system. How to I locate that information now that I need it. PS. I'd rather not need to renew my password in 4 individual PCs that share my bellsouth.net mail account....
  4. where to view stored passwords in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  6. Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?

Where Are the New Folder Icons Stored?: I've recently installed Windows 11 & moved some of the User folders to another drive. In doing so, the icons for some of the folders have changed & I would like to change them back to their default icons. I am able to find some of the new icons in the traditional locations,...
  7. What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?: I've seen this question posed to MS Help several different times & in every instance, the question is ignored, not answered. Then the thread gets locked. These questions go back to 2016-2017 & have never been answered. I want to save my People contacts from an old computer to...
  8. Where does Event viewer store its Custom view definitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where does Event viewer store its Custom view definitions: I cannot find where Event viewer saves its Custom view definitions so I cannot include them in my routine backups. - I have looked for files with the name of some of my Custom views but have not found anything. - I have looked the Registry for the name of some of my Custom...
  9. Viewing icons in folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing icons in folders?: Some jpg files show actual image in icon, other jpg files show generic file icon. It changes from refresh to refresh. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-icons-in-folders/91743be2-2103-45fb-a21d-33d923283482"
  10. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dll Windows 11 view icons