Windows 10: Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?

Discus and support Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10, you know how when applications have an "Open File..." button, and when you press it again, it saves the location of the last file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nickylego14, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?

In Windows 10, you know how when applications have an "Open File..." button, and when you press it again, it saves the location of the last file opened, where does Windows 10 store this particular location/setting? Many applications have this feature.

:)

nickylego14, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Where are the files for the store app located?

Hi Yehuda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I would like to inform that the apps that are downloaded from Windows Store will be located in the location:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages

To navigate to this location, you will have to unhide the hidden folders by following the steps provided below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check the option for Hidden items.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?

Where is the "Films & TV" app exe located?

Radney,

I did as you suggested and sure enough this opened a window called applications and I found Movies & TV in the list, BUT, it does not show the file location of these applications ?

I right mouse clicked in the Movies & TV icon, but properties were not listed as an option, only OPEN, UNPIN FROM START, PIN TO TASKBAR and CREATE A SHORTCUT.

I created a shortcut on my desktop and right mouse clicked it and click properties. BUT, the dialog window that resulted only shows a Target Location of APPLICATIONS and, of course, there is no folder on my laptop named Applications ?

What I think everyone on this thread is requesting is the file location of the Movies & TV executable. It does not appear to be stored in the Program Files, Program File (X86) or the Windows folder. Where is it ?

Can you please provide this information or instructions on how to find it.

Thanks.

Henry

HenryBolte, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?

1. Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file? - Similar Threads - Where does store

2. Where are my windows store games files located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my windows store games files located?: I'm trying to mod btd6, but I only have windows store edition and I can't seem to find it if anyone could help me that would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-windows-store-games-files-located/8c4018c7-a226-4256-97b7-05adffffcc55
  3. Where are my windows store games files located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my windows store games files located?: I'm trying to mod btd6, but I only have windows store edition and I can't seem to find it if anyone could help me that would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-windows-store-games-files-located/8c4018c7-a226-4256-97b7-05adffffcc55
  4. Where are my windows store games files located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  6. How to return to location where you opened a file

How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  7. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  8. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  9. Where does Excel specify the location of the Personal.xslb file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where does Excel specify the location of the Personal.xslb file?: I recently got a new PC and moved all my files and programs and most everything works well. But Excel doesn't open the Personal.xlsb file. The folder that contains all my Excel files also contains a folder named Startup which contains Personal.xlsb, but Excel doesn't load it....
  10. What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?: I've seen this question posed to MS Help several different times & in every instance, the question is ignored, not answered. Then the thread gets locked. These questions go back to 2016-2017 & have never been answered. I want to save my People contacts from an old computer to...