Windows 10: Where else does windows 10 store files?

Discus and support Where else does windows 10 store files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello.. I am trying to find out where else windows stores temp files/unused files. For example.. when i open an excel spread, it saves it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pekimo, Jan 15, 2019.

1. pekimo Win User

Where else does windows 10 store files?

Hello.. I am trying to find out where else windows stores temp files/unused files.

For example.. when i open an excel spread, it saves it in the location i save it and also like 3-4 other locations such as temp, %temp%, %appdata% and Microsoft folders.

My question is basically...
    1) How can i stop windows from storing multiple copies of my same file?|
    2) Where else does windows store random copies of files for applications/files i have opened.
    3) Is it possible to disable all types of auto saving, temp storage, backups etc??

Thanks in advance guys/girls.

:)

pekimo, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Where else does windows 10 store files? - Similar Threads - Where else does

2. Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where Does Windows 10 Store Restore Points?: I'm using Windows 10.0.19042 on a Dell laptop. I needed to return to an earlier restore point this evening, but System Restore said there weren't any. It turns out that something, I don't know what, turned off System Protection for my C: drive, so Windows hasn't been saving...
  3. Where does Windows 10 store the Microsoft To Do app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does Windows 10 store the Microsoft To Do app?: Can someone please tell me where Windows 10 stores the To Do app .exe file or whatever the root file is?Using the search term "To Do" in quotes I got zero hits when searching either Program Files or Program Files x86 or C:\Users\[my name]My laptop is having a problem...
  4. Where does windows 10 store "Boot Time"

in Windows 10 Support
    Where does windows 10 store "Boot Time": Hi! If I type in cmd Code: systeminfo | find "Boot Time" It tells me the time when computer was rebooted. Where deos windows store this information? Any registry keys? I mean it can survive reboot so it must be stored somewhere else than RAM also. 174888
  5. Where ELSE are Start Menu items stored?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where ELSE are Start Menu items stored?: I know about %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu and %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, but where else are Start menu items stored? For example, I want to aggregate all of the Office stuff into a single folder, but none if it is present in either of these two...
  6. Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?

Where does Windows store the last known location of an opened file?: In Windows 10, you know how when applications have an "Open File..." button, and when you press it again, it saves the location of the last file opened, where does Windows 10 store this particular location/setting? Many applications have this feature....
  7. Where does Windows 10 store WordPad recovery files?

Where does Windows 10 store WordPad recovery files?: Hello, I had multiple WordPad documents open yesterday which were unsaved. Opened my laptop today to see that Windows 10 had automatically updated and restarted in the meantime. Now in the past Windows would restore all unsaved WordPad documents as "document recovered"...
  8. Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are files for Mail App in Windows 10 stored?: Where is the folder on my hard drive that contains the emails for the mail app in windows 10? I have seen answers to others with this same question that indicate that the files are located in...
  9. Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!)

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!): Hi Everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Home - v1803) and the Mail 10 app for my emails. I want to migrate from 'Mail 10' to Outlook 2016. I don't know where Mail 10 stores emails (I don't even know what file format 'Mail 10' stores emails in!). I have searched my hard drive...
  10. Where does Windows 10 store Themes?

in Windows 10 News
    Where does Windows 10 store Themes?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 can be customized using themes, wallpapers, and lock screen images. Just like any other wallpapers, and lock screen images, Windows 10 stores Themes in a dedicated location. They are like an archive file which stores wallpapers, pictures, effects,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where else does windows store internet files