Windows 10: Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?

Discus and support Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is shady to the next level... I cant find the disable automatic updates option in control panel, like in Windows 7 or 8 and not even in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Booster2000, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?

This is shady to the next level... I cant find the disable automatic updates option in control panel, like in Windows 7 or 8 and not even in the useless ugly settings "app", wtf?

submitted by /u/Booster2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Booster2000, Feb 9, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 9, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 9, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?

1. Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel? - Similar Threads - Where exactly option

2. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  3. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  4. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. disable control panel from redirecting to settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable control panel from redirecting to settings: is there any way to stop control panel from redirecting me to the settings app? submitted by /u/Tracenji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l23wch/disable_control_panel_from_redirecting_to_settings/
  6. Control Panel AND Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  7. Strange - where is control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange - where is control panel?: Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel. Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no...
  8. where is the control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the control panel?: this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere. 13477
  9. Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  10. How to disable Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Control Panel: I would like to disable the control panel on my kids computer I have regular Windows 10 Home build 10240 on this computer. On Windows 8 I had a registry hack that worked globally so I had log in as admin do the hack then log out 24158

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable automatic updates control panel