Windows 10: Where GWX Files Are Stored

Discus and support Where GWX Files Are Stored in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cliff S, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Where GWX Files Are Stored

For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer.
    Attachment 20842

:)

Cliff S, Jun 5, 2015

2. where are .sis files stored

You will not find a Gravity, Shazam, or anything like that, Facebook and most themes. I found Snaptu.

PauloSergioMDC, Jun 5, 2015
  3. where are .sis files stored

Go to Settings > Installations > Already installed. The applications that are installed to C: drive will be listed without the icon of what looks like a coffee cup. The ones with the icon are installed to mass memory. To delete an application, long press
    on the applications entry and select Remove from the pop-up menu.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Jun 5, 2015
  4. Where GWX Files Are Stored

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GWX

davidw1957, Jun 6, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GWX

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-gwx_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17813_none_abd5ff8f5e617f0d

C:\Windows\System32\GWX

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx

C:\Users\Clifford\AppData\Local\GWX

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-gwx_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17813_none_a181553d2a00bd12

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-gwx-uninstall_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17813_none_9e3b7b68cf2f981b

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-gwx-task_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17813_none_4cccb9859854cb00

C:\Windows\Logs\Gwx

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Where GWX Files Are Stored

1. Where GWX Files Are Stored - Similar Threads - Where GWX Files

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where to store .exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to store .exe files?: New to windows. When you download a small program that is just an .exe file and no installer, where do you put it? submitted by /u/rkruegs123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6keea/where_to_store_exe_files/
  6. Change where files are stored to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where files are stored to: Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down menu next to each item doesn't give me an option to change the location. Can I change the storage settings to OneDrive or an...
  7. Where are whiteboard files stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are whiteboard files stored?: In fact, are they stored.....? Can't find a file anywhere with them so if my computer crashes I lose them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-whiteboard-files-stored/5147e05a-cf4a-4bfb-be84-68e65b375d57
  8. Where are the codecs stored for image files

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the codecs stored for image files: Since Windows 7 support ended on January 14th I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I've got a lot of image files - JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop and Nikon raw files (file extension .NEF). My camera shoots both JPEG and NEF at the same time - so there are two files for every shot. To...
  9. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC...
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920