Windows 10: Where had all my apps gone?

Discus and support Where had all my apps gone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The November update has given me the ability to not only select where to save new apps, but even more important to me is being able to move (some) apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Dec 2, 2015.

1. clayto Win User

Where had all my apps gone?

The November update has given me the ability to not only select where to save new apps, but even more important to me is being able to move (some) apps from the the (C) drive to the (D) drive, an SD Memory Card.

I went a bit mad and moved as many apps as I could. Now, what mystified me was that I could not find them! They had not appeared anywhere in (D). Checking back in Apps and Features they are still shown as being located in (D) where they should be.

Fortunately, they are still around. When I click on their tile or in the all apps list the app launches OK. What a relief.

Eventually I did find them in (D), in an innocuious folder named WpSystem. There are sub-folders, including AppData and at last Packages. In Packages are all the transferred apps

So that is one mystery involving the new Apps and Features solved. There are others, for example what will happen when I click Modify?

:)

clayto, Dec 2, 2015

2. where are my apps?!

solidacid,

You might want to try and
    change the World View / change region for catalog
    ! --> menu (right softkey) --> settings

The United States English catalog for example includes more applications that the local Netherlands Dutch catalog.

Furthermore there are still a lot of Windows Mobile 6.x developers who offer their applications via their own websites. Finally there are webstores like PocketGear who offer Windows Mobile applications, from a time way before Windows Marketplace for Mobile
    existed.

Here an example of your Wi-Fi Analyzer application --> http://www.pocketgear.com/en/usd/2903441,product-details.html

// -- http://www.mobilityminded.com --%%sitename%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitedesc%%

Remo Knops, Dec 2, 2015
  3. solidacid Win User
    where are my apps?!

earlier today i ordered a HTC HD2.

i checked out the android app store and found more apps than i will ever need, i then realized my phone comes with windows mobile so i went to the windows phone marketplace, after browsing
    for a while i felt like cancelling my order.

the are hardly any useful apps at all, i started by seaching for a simple WiFi Analyzer, no results.

the you markedplace hardly has any apps and there is no way to sort them, i don't care about any of the apps that aren't free so why am i forced to slowly and tediously browse through all those overpriced apps with poor graphics?

i was expecting to be able to download proper apps, but obviously none of the ones you offer are worth downloading.

i don't want to use apps that look like something a sega threw up.

where do i find the real apps?

blahh

solidacid, Dec 2, 2015
  4. elbmek Win User

Just installed new win 10, my apps link does not work

elbmek, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Where had all my apps gone? - Similar Threads - Where apps gone

2. where is my file gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my file gone.: where is my file gone. an assignment has just vanished, only explanation word is giving it it might be moved renamed or deleted. none of this would have happened, it is nowhere to be found and recycling bin is empty.. please help me...
  3. where is my file gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my file gone.: where is my file gone. an assignment has just vanished, only explanation word is giving it it might be moved renamed or deleted. none of this would have happened, it is nowhere to be found and recycling bin is empty.. please help me...
  4. most used apps had gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    most used apps had gone: Hi, I installed 11 a few months ago.. Then in a forum I read an article about personalizing start menu..I did few things and "show the most used appa" has gone. As you can see I I can not click.I was a little bit drunk and I forgat what I did in registery. Pls help me, I want...
  5. most used apps had gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    most used apps had gone: Hi, I installed 11 a few months ago.. Then in a forum I read an article about personalizing start menu..I did few things and "show the most used appa" has gone. As you can see I I can not click.I was a little bit drunk and I forgat what I did in registery. Pls help me, I want...
  6. Where is my wifi gone??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is my wifi gone??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeipeLeo28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugwkp/where_is_my_wifi_gone/
  7. All of my windows apps are gone.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All of my windows apps are gone.: I do not know what happened but all of my windows apps are gone. Windows store is gone as well. I try to go to the windows store online and download the app but it does not do anything when I get the download button. I can't use any windows app at all....
  8. All my windows app are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my windows app are gone: All of the apps like windows store ar just gone and replaced by msresourceappname or similar. Ive already tried several different codes in powershell and reset the pc fully. submitted by /u/Browypl [link] [comments]...
  9. where do Headphone op. had gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do Headphone op. had gone?: Hi there for the last few day my headphones have disapeard from the playback Menu. A that moment I need to choose "Speakers" for my headphones. BTW How do I find my Realtek driver version? [ATTACH]...
  10. Where are all the Windows themes gone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are all the Windows themes gone?: Sorry for the silly question, but I just can't find where to change the colours for the taskbar, active, inactive windows, etc... 17952