Windows 10: Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon

Discus and support Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly I am no longer able to mouse over the battery icon on lower task bar to see % estimate. This is important as the battery in this laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nithig, Dec 30, 2019.

1. nithig Win User

Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon

Suddenly I am no longer able to mouse over the battery icon on lower task bar to see % estimate.
    This is important as the battery in this laptop is rubbish and often runs out if I'm not watchful
    (eg I can't play videos when reading news items on battery).

How can I restore the mouse over to see % estimate?

:)

nithig, Dec 30, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Meanwhile you can at least check the battery state is being monitored here:

Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon [​IMG]

This might help:
    On a device that uses battery power, if you select Start Windows logo Start button > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Personalization > Taskbar and the Power toggle is greyed out or not visible, in the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the list of results. Under Batteries, right-click the battery for your device, select Disable, and select Yes. Wait a few seconds, and then right-click the battery and select Enable. Then restart your device.

dalchina, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Battery icon gone

• Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to this issue like any recent updates or a newly installed software?
    I'm not sure when it happened exactly. I do know that it happened after restarting my laptop and I don't think there were any updates before that, but I could be wrong.

• Have you tried to completely uninstall antivirus program? Enable Windows Defender instead and check if the issue is the
      same.
    I haven't tried uninstalling my antivirus program yet. I will try this tonight as I can't do it right now. I will tell asap if this affected my issue.

• You mentioned that when you turn on and off the battery icon in Settings, the antivirus icon is affected. Can you explain that further? In what way the antivirus icon has been affected?
    This thing that exactly happens is that my battery icon is gone. When I try to disable and enable it, it uses the icon for McAfee. So my McAfee is affected like how my battery icon should be. As if it's replacing that icon for my battery icon.

I hope this is enough information regarding the first and last question. There will be a follow-up tonight about the second question.

MielFidder, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon

Battery icon is gone?

Hi Curt,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with the missing battery icon. please answer the questions below:

• Which Windows version are you using? To know this, type Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select OK.
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to solve the issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Robert Caw, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Where has Battery % gone when mouse over icon - Similar Threads - Where has Battery

2. When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".: So, recently I was doing my work and my little nephew was mad at me and he saw my laptop in front of me and smacked his hand over the keyboard. All of a sudden, the video which I was watching just hanged and made *beep beep* sounds. In short, the LAPTOP was hanged, neither I...
  3. Where has the transparency gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where has the transparency gone ?: I'm sure the Start Menu and even the Windows+V clipboard were transparents before, but they aren't anymore since today. The taskbar is still transparent but the opacity is too low, it was a little blurry before. I found this tutorial but I doesn't work :...
  4. The battery icon on the taskbar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    The battery icon on the taskbar is gone: My battery icon has gone missing for some reason, I can't turn it on either as you can see in the picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar-is-gone/16ecac25-fc3f-40c3-8f5a-0cd8f81dda91
  5. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  6. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  7. battery icon gone from taskbar

battery icon gone from taskbar: Hello, My battery icon that used to be on my taskbar is gone. I already tried going to taskbar settings > notification area > and turning on the power icon.It is turned on but I still don't have the icon. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it ?...
  8. Mouse displays link details when over the icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse displays link details when over the icon: When the mouse pointer is over a link icon, it displays the content of the link in text. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-displays-link-details-when-over-the-icon/8dc33d00-8ed6-4d24-b851-54339ff9d63d
  9. Battery Information shown on Battery icon (when put on top of battery icon with mouse...

Battery Information shown on Battery icon (when put on top of battery icon with mouse...: I am using a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 5 379 model. I have terrible problem withe the battery here. When I put my mouse cursor on the battery icon, it shows 88% battery left. When I clicked the battery icon, it then shown 87% instead!!! When I clicked away, and put mouse...
  10. systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

in Windows 10 Support
    systray hidden icons disappear when moused over: when rebooted this issue does not happen. After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them. I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever. any clues will be helpful. 40820