Windows 10: Where has my hard drive space gone?

Discus and support Where has my hard drive space gone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silverz, May 9, 2020.

1. silverz Win User

Where has my hard drive space gone?

My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the drive is only showing 24gb of free space.

Where is the rest of the space?

Where has my hard drive space gone? [​IMG]

Win 10 pro

:)

silverz, May 9, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWhere has my hard drive space gone? :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 9, 2020
  4. Where has my hard drive space gone?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Where has my hard drive space gone?

1. Where has my hard drive space gone? - Similar Threads - Where has hard

2. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  3. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  4. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 and OneDrive: where my C space has gone?:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 and OneDrive: where my C space has gone?:): Dear reddit, probably you have seen this before – having a “problem” with OneDrive behavior. Story: built a new PC last week, set everything, enjoying my new PCIe 4 nvme drive. But something was weird – even though I did not install a lot of stuff on this it looks like it’s...
  6. Where has the transparency gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where has the transparency gone ?: I'm sure the Start Menu and even the Windows+V clipboard were transparents before, but they aren't anymore since today. The taskbar is still transparent but the opacity is too low, it was a little blurry before. I found this tutorial but I doesn't work :...
  7. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  8. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  9. Where has my hard drive space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has my hard drive space gone?: My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the...
  10. Where has my sound gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where has my sound gone?: Halfway through watching something on YouTube yesterday an update icon came on the screen - by mistake I clicked for it to update and ever since then I haven't had any sound. I've followed all the trouble shooting options - including uninstalling - and still nothing....