Windows 10: Where has my sound gone?

Discus and support Where has my sound gone? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Halfway through watching something on YouTube yesterday an update icon came on the screen - by mistake I clicked for it to update and ever since then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveWhiddett, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Where has my sound gone?

Halfway through watching something on YouTube yesterday an update icon came on the screen - by mistake I clicked for it to update and ever since then I haven't had any sound. I've followed all the trouble shooting options - including uninstalling - and still nothing. Clearly it isn't anything physical (like jack plugs) or anything I've altered on the computer (like the volume) as nothing changed in the minutes before the update so I'm now at a loss as to what has happened and, more importantly, how to get the sound back! Can anyone help?

:)

SteveWhiddett, Oct 12, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Where has my sound gone? :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Where has my sound gone?

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Where has my sound gone?

1. Where has my sound gone? - Similar Threads - Where has sound

2. Where has resume updates gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has resume updates gone?: I cannot resume updates:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎17/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22631.2199 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22672.1000.0...
  3. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  4. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  5. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Where has the transparency gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where has the transparency gone ?: I'm sure the Start Menu and even the Windows+V clipboard were transparents before, but they aren't anymore since today. The taskbar is still transparent but the opacity is too low, it was a little blurry before. I found this tutorial but I doesn't work :...
  7. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  8. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  9. Where has my DVD/CD gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where has my DVD/CD gone?: Hello members, and Happy Easter to you. I have a problem with my HP Laptop, which I hope someone out there would have some idea of how to fix. I got my laptop as a reconditioned machine about seven - eight months ago. Everything and all devices work perfectly. Since then I...
  10. Where Has My Bluetooth Driver Gone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where Has My Bluetooth Driver Gone?: I have been experiencing issues with my Bluetooth. I recently bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones for my phone and hoped they'd be compatible with my computer. But when I went to my settings, the on and off button for Bluetooth didn't even exist. I then attempted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where has my sound gone

2. wheres my sound gone?