Windows 10: Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Discus and support Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903 When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr. Keskar, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903

When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad.

Then came the feature update to 1903 accepted by me followed by a windows update of the synaptics driver. This resulted in the synaptics control panel software being deleted from control panel as well as the additional tab on the mouse applet

How can i get the touchpad control panel active again?

I was recommended to download a synaptics app from Microsoft store but i get an error downloading (only this) app

I have no problem with the driver and even the various default gestures function but I cannot access the touchpad control panel to make changes for my convenience

Thank you for any help on this issue

:)

Mr. Keskar, Nov 5, 2019

2. synaptics touchpad

My synaptic touchpad has disappeared from my Toshiba Satellite Laptop and is not listed on my device manager. How can I reinstall it? I have OS Windows 10

CarlosPortillo09, Nov 5, 2019
  3. precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

This problem sounds very similar to mine. Hoping for a solution.

I posted as a reply to <link>
    "Synaptics SMBus TouchPad Drivers for Windows 10 build 1803 - HP Support Community - 6869807" but that post is over a year old so wish to bring this new symptom to the attention of HP.

After installation of Microsoft update [June 26, 2019 — KB4509478 (OS Build 17134.860)] the Synaptics touchpad ceased to function.

I tried various steps to get it back, without success. Need a solution from HP.

Here is what I've tried:

1. removal of Synaptics Touchpad device using Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel > Device Manager

2. removal of Synaptics Touchpad driver taskbar widget from Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel > Programs and Features

3. restart

4. download sp92533.exe (from HP FTP site) v 19.5.10.75 and install

5. restart

6. perform detect new hardware in Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel > Device Manager

7. set View Hidden Devices in Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel > Device Manager

Nothing seems to work. I suspect that HP needs to develop a new revision of the driver compliant with KB4509478 and/or Microsoft must repair the update to be compatible with Syntapics Touchpad.

Please help. HP Notebook computer is now becoming difficult to use without Touchpad.

HP Notebook 81EB Product ID X0S22UA#ABA, Serial Number CND7183MTL

geogherkins, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

1. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared? - Similar Threads - Where has synaptics

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared: My Problem is a bit complicated. I don't know why but suddenly my Run and Command Prompt has disappeared from the search box and all the options lost too. But My Control Panel still has on the search box but the icon changed to the old icon and there are no options. This...
  4. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10: This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work: Firstly, download the Synaptics driver SP93153 from the link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93153.exe Step...
  5. No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store: For some unknown reason, the Synaptics touchpad control panel is not available anymore. I desperately need it to be able to perform one-finger scroll on my computer. Apparently, a way to solve this is to install an app from the Microsoft Store called Synaptics Touchpad...
  6. Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store: Before the driver update of the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver to version 19.5.35.47, it used to be possible to adjust scrolling settings etc. through a ClickPad Settings tab see image. [ATTACH] Since the update, Windows is endlessly trying to install an app from the...
  7. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  8. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  9. Strange - where is control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange - where is control panel?: Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel. Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no...
  10. where is the control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the control panel?: this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere. 13477

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaptic smbus dissapear