Windows 10: Where has the screen brightness slider gone

Discus and support Where has the screen brightness slider gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 .Unable to adjust screen brightness. Used device manager which advises that a slider should be available in the Action Centre. Not there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamesMcCann5, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Where has the screen brightness slider gone

Windows 10 .Unable to adjust screen brightness.

Used device manager which advises that a slider should be available in the Action Centre.

Not there.

Updated screen drivers to no effect.

See that other have this problem.

HELP, will need dark glasses soon.

:)

jamesMcCann5, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Select action center/notification button on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the
    Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. As mentioned in the article, if you
    don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver.
    As you have already update the Display drivers, I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the drivers then update it again. To uninstall and delete the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device Manager and then expand the Display adapters
      section.
    2. Then right click on options listed below and click on Uninstall.
    3. Check the box next to Delete this drivers.
    4. Then reboot your device and update the drivers. You can also try updating the Batteries drivers along with display drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Brightness slider gone windows 10

Okay, so I always used to have the brightness slider on my computer. Im not an idiot, I know how brightness on the desktop and my screen both work- as I said it is IMPERATIVE that I can change my windows screen using the brightness slider.....

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    Yes the most recent update of windows 10 you guys have been sprouting

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I dont know. Its custom made to my photography and it has not been a drama - EVER

• Which version/build of Windows 10 are you using?
    I assume the latest as I have had had 5 technicians stuff around with my computer with 5 hours last night and I STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION

Joshua and JessicaFarmer, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Where has the screen brightness slider gone

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Where has the screen brightness slider gone

1. Where has the screen brightness slider gone - Similar Threads - Where has screen

2. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  3. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  4. Where's the Slider to adjusst brightness for external display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the Slider to adjusst brightness for external display?: So, i am running windows 11 22621.1992 on a Desktop PCand i have no idea where's the brightness slider for my external Display Monitor in Windows...
  5. Where's the Slider to adjusst brightness for external display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's the Slider to adjusst brightness for external display?: So, i am running windows 11 22621.1992 on a Desktop PCand i have no idea where's the brightness slider for my external Display Monitor in Windows...
  6. Where is the Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the Brightness slider: is this some kind of Joke? who the hell think of this concept of removing the slider? any legal reasons for some reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-brightness-slider/9aaabcfc-8741-43a4-b82b-39e13d469161
  7. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0
  8. Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan: I've had my power settings to drop the brightness of my screen whenever my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) is unplugged from battery. Today it stopped doing so - I've had this issue before, normally at the same time as being unable to adjust the brightness (the keys work and...
  9. where is the brightness slider??

where is the brightness slider??: I havent been able to find the brightness slider in windows 10. I googled and it said click on the notifications icon and it is meant to be there but its not so I had a look in the display settings and its not there either. If i click on Do you have a question>change screen...
  10. Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10: I found a similar problem from a year ago, but there was not a solution besides downloading an app. I really don't want to do this. A few weeks ago, my computer was forced to do an automatic update to windows 10. One of the many side effects with this latest update is the...