Windows 10: Where has the space gone?

Discus and support Where has the space gone? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by silverjim, Aug 13, 2020.

1. silverjim Win User

Where has the space gone?

Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It indicated my C: drive was 31.5gb. I ran the usual disk cleanup utilities, but only recovered around 1gb or so. Where the hell did the 30+ gb go, and what do I need to do to get it back?

Pending install is 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems

:)

silverjim, Aug 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 13, 2020
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Where has the space gone?

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Where has the space gone?

1. Where has the space gone? - Similar Threads - Where has space

2. Where has resume updates gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has resume updates gone?: I cannot resume updates:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎17/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22631.2199 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22672.1000.0...
  3. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  4. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  5. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Win10 and OneDrive: where my C space has gone?:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 and OneDrive: where my C space has gone?:): Dear reddit, probably you have seen this before – having a “problem” with OneDrive behavior. Story: built a new PC last week, set everything, enjoying my new PCIe 4 nvme drive. But something was weird – even though I did not install a lot of stuff on this it looks like it’s...
  7. Where has the transparency gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where has the transparency gone ?: I'm sure the Start Menu and even the Windows+V clipboard were transparents before, but they aren't anymore since today. The taskbar is still transparent but the opacity is too low, it was a little blurry before. I found this tutorial but I doesn't work :...
  8. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  9. Where has my hard drive space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has my hard drive space gone?: My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the...
  10. Where has my hard drive space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has my hard drive space gone?: My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the...