Windows 10: Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing

Discus and support Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Win 10 Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) with all currently available updates. One of the many nagging problems with my venture/upgrade? to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lairbear, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Lairbear Win User

Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing

Win 10 Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) with all currently available updates.

One of the many nagging problems with my venture/upgrade? to Windows 10 includes the following...

Restore Pioints disappear within a day of their creation. I have duplicated this problem on numersous occasions. This was NEVER a problem on Win 7!

From my perspective, this is a problem within the Win 10 OS, and not any of my 3rd-party softwares (as some have suggested). I stongly suspect that this is tied to the (broken Win 10)) patch that limits (to ninety days) how long RPs are kept.

I wonder how many of you out there have experienced the same problem? Ad if so, have you found a work-around or solution? I certainly would be most thankful for anyone's getting back to me with a solution. I am very reluctant to do a full image backup to achieve this function.

This was a reliable function on Win 7...Gave the user the ability to recover from either a user-brought, or Windows-brought 'blivit' back to a more stable Windows environment.

Where have all Restore Points gone?... Gone to graveyards everywhere... Oh when will they ever learn?

Randy Reist
    40-year Programmer/Analyst (Proprietary OS)

:)

Lairbear, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

Disappearing Restore Points

I have provided 59GB for the Restore Points.

And I have created one Restore Point that used up less than 200MB of the space provided.

Yet after a few days, it disappeared.

This keeps happening many times because I created them just to check whether they disappear like the rest.

They do.

And just in case anyone is curious whether I have enabled System Protection, the answer is that I have.

My understanding of how Restore Points work is that as more and more Restore Points are created and the spaced provided is squeezed, the older ones will be deleted to make space for the new ones.

This is a very logical step.

But as can be seen above I have 59GB while the Restore Points created came to less then 200MB!!!!

I think that the whole argument is becoming more and more futile.

By right Microsoft must do something to ensure that the Restore Points are not deleted in any way.

But so far, they have either passed the bug back to the users by suggesting all sorts of programming by the user to solve the problem or better still staying invisible!!!

Do you know what?

Not everyone is a programmer and if you screw up, you don't even have the Restore Point to save you!

Which is what the Restore Point is there in the first place!

I hope that users will wake up to the fact the Microsoft is passing the bug back to THEM!!!!

I suggest that users in the US awaken the top hierachy in Microsoft to the deplorable state of affairs in their company!!!

Tom Kunzo, Feb 16, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Losing restore points

I'd like to make sure I understand correctly.
    If you kept creating restore points, you would have a list of them.
    You said "A week later, the restore point is gone". Which one is gone ? The oldest one or All restore points are gone ?

davidhk, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing

restore points gone

just got October update now my restore points are gone how

tushar_gamer, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing

1. Where Have All Restore Points Gone...Long Time Passing - Similar Threads - Where Restore Points

2. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  3. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  4. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  5. Restoration Point Taking Long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoration Point Taking Long: I have an MSI GS63 Stealth Model and I'm trying to restore Windows 10 to a previous restoration point on June 14th. The machine already restart, ask for my password but it's been 24hrs since that and it still doesn't finish!! The machine keeps giving me those messages that...
  6. Where have all the out-of-band-updates gone to?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where have all the out-of-band-updates gone to?: Just wondering, since a few months we don't get ANY out-of-band (or updates that fall beyond the usual Patch Tuesday) any more. It's been so quiet in my WU corner that I might wonder... is there anything still to patch or are they REALLY waiting for Patch Tuesday to arrive?...
  7. where are restore points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where are restore points in Windows 10: where are restore points in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-in-windows-10/da0460bd-2f28-471b-ac92-172b72202c67
  8. restore points gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore points gone: just got October update now my restore points are gone how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-points-gone/1f19d761-b1a3-488f-a50c-4921e7e94643
  9. Where is the Restore Point located?

Where is the Restore Point located?: I have created a Restore Point that I titled Restore Point - Oct 2 2017 on my W10 system and would to know where I can find it / where it's located on my computer so that I can delete it when I create new Restore Points? Thank you Bob 94749
  10. Where are System Restore Points...

Where are System Restore Points...: ...stored on my computer; the physical location (folder)? Thanks! 18352