Windows 10: Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update

Discus and support Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Application and other icons are not showing up correctly, instead I see the default icon in Folders and the Taskbar.I think this occurred after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graydog7, May 22, 2022.

1. graydog7 Win User

Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update

My Application and other icons are not showing up correctly, instead I see the default icon in Folders and the Taskbar.I think this occurred after the most recent update of Windows 11 Pro22H2Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.017/05/22Example below:

:)

graydog7, May 22, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 22, 2022
  3. thegave Win User
    Need default Windows icons

Would it have the default icons?

thegave, May 22, 2022
  4. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, May 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update - Similar Threads - Where icons gone

2. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  3. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  4. Where have the Taskbar icons gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where have the Taskbar icons gone?: After the Windows 11 update at the end of January half the Taskbar icons have disappeared. I've tried the various tweaks suggested by other forums but nothing works. The functionality is still there you can see the apps when you move the mouse cursor over the spaces where the...
  5. Where have the Taskbar icons gone?

Where have the Taskbar icons gone?: After the Windows 11 update at the end of January half the Taskbar icons have disappeared. I've tried the various tweaks suggested by other forums but nothing works. The functionality is still there you can see the apps when you move the mouse cursor over the spaces where the...
  6. Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update: My Application and other icons are not showing up correctly, instead I see the default icon in Folders and the Taskbar.I think this occurred after the most recent update of Windows 11 Pro22H2Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.017/05/22Example below:...
  7. Default desktop apps icons gone

Default desktop apps icons gone: So for a long time, my default desktop icons have been invisible. Apps like settings, Microsoft Store, xbox and Minecraft have no taskbar icons. I have look everywhere to find a fix, but nothing ever works. Essentially I have no idea what apps I have open if there like this...
  8. where have my icons gone to

in Windows 10 Customization
    where have my icons gone to: My icons have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-have-my-icons-gone-to/4c38a388-8872-474f-ac9b-6efbe8bcd64a
  9. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are gone only text shows: My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work....
  10. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...