Windows 10: where have my icons gone to

Discus and support where have my icons gone to in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My icons have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-have-my-icons-gone-to/4c38a388-8872-474f-ac9b-6efbe8bcd64a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnGaze, Jul 9, 2019.

1. JohnGaze Win User

where have my icons gone to

My icons have disappeared

:)

JohnGaze, Jul 9, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 9, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

NEW! icons keep popping up

any better suggestions how people can easily see when we have new reviews up?

W1zzard, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. where have my icons gone to - Similar Threads - where icons gone

2. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  3. Where have the Taskbar icons gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where have the Taskbar icons gone?: After the Windows 11 update at the end of January half the Taskbar icons have disappeared. I've tried the various tweaks suggested by other forums but nothing works. The functionality is still there you can see the apps when you move the mouse cursor over the spaces where the...
  4. Where have the Taskbar icons gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where have the Taskbar icons gone?: After the Windows 11 update at the end of January half the Taskbar icons have disappeared. I've tried the various tweaks suggested by other forums but nothing works. The functionality is still there you can see the apps when you move the mouse cursor over the spaces where the...
  5. Where have my emails gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where have my emails gone?: Please help,My emails keep vanishing and I can only see the last few days. I have some very important legal documents and correspondence that I need. If I use the search box, I just get a message "nothing here"I have looked at some of the suggestions offered but nothing...
  6. Where have my emails gone?

Where have my emails gone?: Please help,My emails keep vanishing and I can only see the last few days. I have some very important legal documents and correspondence that I need. If I use the search box, I just get a message "nothing here"I have looked at some of the suggestions offered but nothing...
  7. Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update

Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update: My Application and other icons are not showing up correctly, instead I see the default icon in Folders and the Taskbar.I think this occurred after the most recent update of Windows 11 Pro22H2Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.017/05/22Example below:...
  8. Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where have my icons gone? Only showing default icons since latest update: My Application and other icons are not showing up correctly, instead I see the default icon in Folders and the Taskbar.I think this occurred after the most recent update of Windows 11 Pro22H2Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.017/05/22Example below:...
  9. Where have my image thumbnails gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where have my image thumbnails gone?: When I opened folders such as Pictures, Camera Roll, Screenshots the images within used to be instantly previewed with thumbnails. This has stopped, perhaps as a result of October update. So far I have not found how to restore this feature. Advice please. 129900
  10. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...