Windows 10: where I should install PC games?

Discus and support where I should install PC games? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ok I have windows 10 pro 64bits and when I install programs such video games I got two opinions where I can install them 1) program files 2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Jan 16, 2019.

1. where I should install PC games?

ok I have windows 10 pro 64bits

and when I install programs such video games

I got two opinions where I can install them

1) program files

2) program files (x86)

where I should install my games or application programs

in order to fully enjoy the full potential of those games and application software ?

:)

Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Jan 16, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 16, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

where I should install PC games?

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

where I should install PC games?

1. where I should install PC games? - Similar Threads - where should install

2. How should I play with my friends where should I answer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How should I play with my friends where should I answer: I wanna play with my friends https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-should-i-play-with-my-friends-where-should-i/468f09e0-f2fb-4599-849a-f92784424142
  3. How should I play with my friends where should I answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How should I play with my friends where should I answer: I wanna play with my friends https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-should-i-play-with-my-friends-where-should-i/468f09e0-f2fb-4599-849a-f92784424142
  4. Game installation. Code: 0x80073D12 what else should i install to install the game which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game installation. Code: 0x80073D12 what else should i install to install the game which...: what else should i install to install the game which bought? what I want to do now ? I have tried my best but it is not working yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-installation-code-0x80073d12-what-else-should/9f26c1d0-1adc-49d3-99f0-d5a227c4898c
  5. Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to should I store game files from sites like Itch.io that come without installers?: I like downloading indie games from Itch.io, but I don't know where to save them since they have no installers. I don't want to save them on my desktop because my desktop is synced with OneDrive, so the game files would take up a large chunk of my 5GB OneDrive storage....
  6. Should I install these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install these?: [ATTACH] I don't know if I should install this updates. https://preview.redd.it/4wd9auvncor51.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=1ef668854b9544ce40e57fc7aa54f37fb2c4c9b0 submitted by /u/eldievos [link] [comments]...
  7. I cant change the driver where i install my apps and games on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant change the driver where i install my apps and games on pc: everything else i can change to another driver but the apps. the error says it was unable to change the standard driver the code is 0x80070005...
  8. I need help with a issue where I bought gamepass for pc and it does not install the games...

I need help with a issue where I bought gamepass for pc and it does not install the games...: When I bought the xbox gamepass for pc beta, I noticed that the games and the app itself would not install, and after looking for ways to fix it, I noticed that Xbox live auth manager, Xbox live game save, and xbox live networking services were not present in the Services or...
  9. Where should I create the DWord?

Where should I create the DWord?: I'm trying the solution stated here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-campus-wifi-after-windows-10/10e34cec-8491-475c-897f-8302e1399748?auth=1 Where should I add the DWord and where can I restart the EapHost service? Thanks...
  10. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...