Windows 10: Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop?

Discus and support Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to set-up/learn Win 10. In Win 7 I had a 'desktop' entry on my taskbar (when clicked) that showed EVERYTHING on the desktop ... thus allowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAPw10, Jan 25, 2016.

1. RAPw10 Win User

Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop?

Trying to set-up/learn Win 10.

In Win 7 I had a 'desktop' entry on my taskbar (when clicked) that showed EVERYTHING on the desktop ... thus allowing me to have a 'clean' desktop so I could see the background images w/o icons cluttering it up.

Referring to the tutorial 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 I created a 'desktop icon' but it only shows 10 out of 26 'items' (some shortcuts, some folders, etc).

The 'desktop' (folder ?) only contains those 10 items ... is the another 'desktop' folder floating around the Win 10 refers to when displaying it on the PC?

:)

RAPw10, Jan 25, 2016
  2. loyall Win User

Why does My Win 10 have three Desktop folders?

In File Explorer there are three Desktop folders in various places. Two are located in My PC and My username and are empty. The third Desktop folder contains entire content of my computer excluding Quick Access. Could someone explain why this messy situation
    exists.

By-the-way my actual Desktop is empty of any icons, apps, links or any clutter at all. Is it possible to get rid of the extra Desktop folders?

loyall, Jan 25, 2016
  3. I have some DLL files containin idons; are there others

Using GOOGLE, I located a set of DLL files that contained icons that I've used in setting up desktop shortcuts. I've put all these files in a separate folder under drive C: named "Icon Containers". Does anybody know of some other files (DLLs or otherwise)
    that also contain icons?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello RAPw10, *Smile

The desktop will show items inside the two folders below.

Current account's desktop folder: %UserProfile%\Desktop

All users' desktop folder: %Public%\Desktop

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  5. RAPw10 Win User
    Thank you Brink.
    The %UserProfile%\Desktop has the same things that are "in" the icon createdbut the %Public%\Desktop has the things I need. I'll just create a new icon based on that one.

RAPw10, Jan 25, 2016
  6. KeithM Win User
    You can access the Desktop by clicking the drop-list of the File Explorer Address Bar.

Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop? [​IMG]

Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop? [​IMG]

Keith

KeithM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop? - Similar Threads - Where 'Desktop File'

2. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  3. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  4. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  6. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  7. Does the windows.old folder contain the files that were stored on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the windows.old folder contain the files that were stored on the desktop?: As the title states, I’m currently doing an install of Windows 10 for a friend of mine. Because he has sensitive stuff on his desktop he wants to keep the old files instead of going for a fresh install, I know that when you choose that option it keeps a folder with the old...
  8. Desktop folders and files

Desktop folders and files: I cannot right click and create a new folder on my desktop. Nor can I move an existing one there for easy access. I once had several there and they've all gone to roost in the right hand nav files and folders. Seems like this should be a simple fix but I am unable to find...
  9. All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.

All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.: I was playing Hearthstone on my laptop and then I exited the game and after I wanted to exit the Battle.net app. When I right click > exit on the app in the icon tray suddenly all of my icons, files and folders on my desktop completely disappeared. The only icons still...
  10. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....