Windows 10: Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10?

Discus and support Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think AndreyT explained it in Post #8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by harleymhs, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10?

I think AndreyT explained it in Post #8

Edwin, Jan 16, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

By the way, on your desktop keyboard, don't you have keys for brightness ?

If you do, can you dim the brightness by , say Fn key + the key either brighter or dimmer ?

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Edwin New Member
    Nope. Has to be done with the monitor's own controls:

Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 16, 2016
  4. harleymhs Win User

I am running a desktop, I al also running a desktop on another system with win 7 Pro and I do have that option to sim the display!

harleymhs, Jan 16, 2016
  5. Hydranix Win User
    True hardware display dimming from software requires you have a monitor that supports the function.

Almost every laptop LCD support it. Most desktop monitors do not.

If you want to dim your display via software only (may be your only option), download f.lux.

It will give you some nice options to both dim and effect the warmth of the screen.

Hydranix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10? - Similar Threads - Where Dim Display

2. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 How to dim display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 How to dim display: Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist.[ATTACH]...
  7. NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN: recently, my windows no longer display the sign-in option so I can select which method to log on with. just the usual enter password. so I'm unable to use my hello PIN or picture etc to log on. hoe do I fix that?...
  8. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  9. Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?: Hey Guys, I just got a new system , I always had in power options in control panel to "DIM THE DISPLAY" and now in win 10 there is no option to dim the display .. I thought it had to do with the Nvida driver .. or something like that ... Anyone know how to add this option?...
  10. Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Dim display after" from Power Options in Windows The Dim display after setting in Power Options allows users to specify how long in minutes your computer is inactive before the...