Windows 10: Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?

Discus and support Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is it I can see "C:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" in a MS-DOS command console but I can't see those directories... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Dec 30, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?

Why is it I can see "C:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" in a MS-DOS command console but I can't see those directories folders in File Explorer?

:)

MesPia, Dec 30, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Dec 30, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Where Documents Settings

2. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  3. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  4. Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?: Where is the documentation for how to use search in File Explorer in Windows 10? This is all that I could find from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/lwef/-search-2x-wds-aqsreferenceBut that resource has a note at the top claiming that it is for an...
  5. File Explorer Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting: Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. - [img] 164289
  6. Where are recovered files in file explorer

Where are recovered files in file explorer: A few days ago I was frantically looking for a version of my document that was too old for Version History, not in unsaved documents, not in the recycling bin. I found it by typing in some address that included the terms "C:" and "recovered" in file explorer. Now I need this...
  7. Documents in File Explorer

Documents in File Explorer: I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this...
  8. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?: I’m trying to customize something within my windows 10 settings, but I cannot find ms-settings anywhere. submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3w0a3/where_is_mssettings_located_in_file_explorer/
  9. Where is Win10 in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Win10 in File Explorer?: In File Explorer under "This PC" I have WIN7 (C) under "Devices and Drives" but no mention of Win 10. Why? 30282
  10. Where is icon for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is icon for File Explorer?: In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607) 65692