Windows 10: Where is Edge's font settings?

Discus and support Where is Edge's font settings? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So it's quite clear to me that something is wrong or missing from Edge. I can't seem to adjust font settings or what I am guessing is clear type. In... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RECONBunny, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Where is Edge's font settings?

So it's quite clear to me that something is wrong or missing from Edge. I can't seem to adjust font settings or what I am guessing is clear type. In Chrome everything looks nice and smooth. While Edge is jagged and ugly.

Any ideas?

Easy access to the image: http://puu.sh/jf9hR/05318b15e2.png

It's quite obvious, even in the address bar it's jagged.

Where is Edge's font settings? [​IMG]

:)

RECONBunny, Jul 26, 2015
  2. IronArm Win User

How do you change default font for IE, Edge, Skype?

I upgraded to Windows 10 via Windows update. Now the default font for IE, Edge and Skype is a graffiti font that is very difficult to read. I've looked everywhere, but can't see where to change it.

IronArm, Jul 26, 2015
  3. rra_798 Win User
    Fonts on web pages wrong since Win 10 upgrade

I have the same problem described as above. It seems to be limited to the Edge browser and IE Explorer. Fonts are normal with Google Chrome. As described above, initially the font was OK with IE Explorer, but then when I opened a form and typed some
    text, the results changed to the alternate font. My font at least is readable, but it's in all upper case letters and seems to be limited where it is inserted. (i.e., some fonts are "normal" and some are the alternate font).
    Where is Edge's font settings? [​IMG]

rra_798, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Where is Edge's font settings?

It does not have a font size setting, except for reading view mode as you've discovered. It is one of the Metro apps - whatever they are called now - which means it has limited functionality, compared to desktop applications. If you want to change font size, you do it across the whole system in Settings Display system, advanced, display settings, advanced sizing of text and other items, which mucks everything up.

Much of Microsoft's recent programming has gone away from their proprietary ClearType sub-pixel rendering font-smoothing technology to a monochrome antialiasing technique simply because ClearType does not work on tablets and screens that can instantly rotate the image.

The whole thread that the next link is in is about it. Blurry text - Windows 10 Forums

I do not get the problem, but I run at native resolution, with no scaling, on a fairly old, but good quality monitor, and a fairly unspectacular graphics card. Both Chrome and Edge look about the same to me, except when I take a magnifying lens to the screen.

Fafhrd, Jul 27, 2015
  5. AdmTolval Win User
    To change font size in edge, go to your display settings on your desktop. (Right-click desktop than click display settings). See the slide underneath "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100%". Slide it to the right to increase font size in edge.

AdmTolval, Aug 7, 2015
  6. What about changing the FONT itself? Even the most rudimentary of browsers allows you to use Ariel, Sans Serif, Tahoma, etc.. for webpages. Can't find that setting anywhere in Edge.

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where is Edge's font settings?

1. Where is Edge's font settings? - Similar Threads - Where Edge's font

2. Where are my fonts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my fonts?: I went to edit a Word doc this morning, and I only have two fonts listed in the drop down menu Calibri and Calibri light. What happened to them? How do I get them back? I have Microsoft 365 which updates automatically on its own....
  3. Where are my fonts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my fonts?: I went to edit a Word doc this morning, and I only have two fonts listed in the drop down menu Calibri and Calibri light. What happened to them? How do I get them back? I have Microsoft 365 which updates automatically on its own....
  4. Where are my fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  6. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  7. Font Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Settings: How do you set the Font default you want in Windows 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-settings/9efa977f-4e2a-4472-8b63-35f473a14ed7
  8. Where is the Fonts folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Fonts folder?: I hadn't realized this, but now when you search for Fonts in Windows 10, it goes to the new system Settings version. But I thought there was a way to access the classic Fonts folder from here. Now how am I supposed to access the raw font files? There's no way to go from that...
  9. What Font and setting are you USING ? Microsoft EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    What Font and setting are you USING ? Microsoft EDGE: What Font and setting are you USING ? Microsoft EDGE *Smile I Like some nice medium or large font but i want to know from u guys 145995
  10. Edge has its own sets of fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has its own sets of fonts: Just a curiosity, but Edge has 2 private sets of fonts located in: \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\Fonts called BrowserMDL.ttf [img] containing the browsers Asset characters and ReadMDL2.ttf [img] Containing...