Windows 10: Where is Edge's font settings?

Discus and support Where is Edge's font settings? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So it's quite clear to me that something is wrong or missing from Edge. I can't seem to adjust font settings or what I am guessing is clear type. In... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RECONBunny, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Where is Edge's font settings?

So it's quite clear to me that something is wrong or missing from Edge. I can't seem to adjust font settings or what I am guessing is clear type. In Chrome everything looks nice and smooth. While Edge is jagged and ugly.

Any ideas?

Easy access to the image: http://puu.sh/jf9hR/05318b15e2.png

It's quite obvious, even in the address bar it's jagged.

Where is Edge's font settings? [​IMG]

:)

RECONBunny, Jul 26, 2015
  2. IronArm Win User

How do you change default font for IE, Edge, Skype?

I upgraded to Windows 10 via Windows update. Now the default font for IE, Edge and Skype is a graffiti font that is very difficult to read. I've looked everywhere, but can't see where to change it.

IronArm, Jul 26, 2015
  3. rra_798 Win User
    Fonts on web pages wrong since Win 10 upgrade

I have the same problem described as above. It seems to be limited to the Edge browser and IE Explorer. Fonts are normal with Google Chrome. As described above, initially the font was OK with IE Explorer, but then when I opened a form and typed some
    text, the results changed to the alternate font. My font at least is readable, but it's in all upper case letters and seems to be limited where it is inserted. (i.e., some fonts are "normal" and some are the alternate font).
    Where is Edge's font settings? [​IMG]

rra_798, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Where is Edge's font settings?

It does not have a font size setting, except for reading view mode as you've discovered. It is one of the Metro apps - whatever they are called now - which means it has limited functionality, compared to desktop applications. If you want to change font size, you do it across the whole system in Settings Display system, advanced, display settings, advanced sizing of text and other items, which mucks everything up.

Much of Microsoft's recent programming has gone away from their proprietary ClearType sub-pixel rendering font-smoothing technology to a monochrome antialiasing technique simply because ClearType does not work on tablets and screens that can instantly rotate the image.

The whole thread that the next link is in is about it. Blurry text - Windows 10 Forums

I do not get the problem, but I run at native resolution, with no scaling, on a fairly old, but good quality monitor, and a fairly unspectacular graphics card. Both Chrome and Edge look about the same to me, except when I take a magnifying lens to the screen.

Fafhrd, Jul 27, 2015
  5. AdmTolval Win User
    To change font size in edge, go to your display settings on your desktop. (Right-click desktop than click display settings). See the slide underneath "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100%". Slide it to the right to increase font size in edge.

AdmTolval, Aug 7, 2015
  6. What about changing the FONT itself? Even the most rudimentary of browsers allows you to use Ariel, Sans Serif, Tahoma, etc.. for webpages. Can't find that setting anywhere in Edge.

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Where is Edge's font settings?

1. Where is Edge's font settings? - Similar Threads - Where Edge's font

2. Where's the settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where's the settings: Just why, out of all useless features and animations your **** OS has you had to remove the only thing that didn't hurt anyone Tell me the point of having a color calibration tool for the display if THE **** TOOL DOES NOTHING, it literally just tells me to mess around with...
  3. Setting a font as default

Setting a font as default: My laptop came with a default font Calibri. I want to change the default font to Times Roman. I have followed instructions to change the default font but it is not happening and Calibri remains the default. Is there a way of resolving this?...
  4. set font size

set font size: How do I set a font and size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-font-size/9efdb163-2117-4234-b7af-1510eb5239d5
  5. Language and Font Settings

Language and Font Settings: Yesterday I added a chinese langauge in order for me to input text in Chinese.  My default font type/size/spacing suddenly has been changed by itself some how and I could not revert it back to previous ARIAL font. ...
  6. set a chosen font

set a chosen font: I choose a font & change its size only to have it return to original font. How do I set the font I prefer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-a-chosen-font/d5e46c1d-d3c1-4425-b200-4e38cbf393fc
  7. Where are my fonts hiding?

Where are my fonts hiding?: I recently bought a brand new Windows 10 computer from Microsoft, I activated my previously owned license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Store, and started using Word 2016 (seemingly without any problems). I then tried to use another program (Gimp2) and noticed I...
  8. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Font changing in Microsoft Edge: I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new,...
  9. Edge has its own sets of fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has its own sets of fonts: Just a curiosity, but Edge has 2 private sets of fonts located in: \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\Fonts called BrowserMDL.ttf [img] containing the browsers Asset characters and ReadMDL2.ttf [img] Containing...
  10. Where is this setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is this setting?: I'm fairly sure this is a Windows 10 setting. When I drag my mouse off screen in the bottom right corner, all windows close and I get my desktop wallpaper. I'd like to switch it off. Looked in many places but so far haven't found it. -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 65676