Windows 10: Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

Discus and support Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I have selected the photos I want to save as favorites and I see that there is a favorite photos folder within the photos app but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JTmon3y19, Dec 12, 2020.

1. JTmon3y19 Win User

Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

Hi guys,

So I have selected the photos I want to save as favorites and I see that there is a favorite photos folder within the photos app but I am wondering where I can find them within File Explorer for easier access when selecting my favorite photos.

Thanks

:)

JTmon3y19, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

1. Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Where Favourites folder

2. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  3. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  4. No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite: Hey there, recently I was going through my camera's photos and decided to flag some of it as a favourite by pressing on the heart button. Afterwards I am now having trouble finding my "favourite" photos, no new folder named favourites has been created as well. The photos from...
  5. No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite

No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite: Hey there, recently I was going through my camera's photos and decided to flag some of it as a favourite by pressing on the heart button. Afterwards I am now having trouble finding my "favourite" photos, no new folder named favourites has been created as well. The photos from...
  6. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  7. Photos and Favourites

Photos and Favourites: If an image is downloaded, e.g. a PNG, but i manually add the file extension .JPG, to convert it; why can it not be added to the favourites?attempting to add it will return "something went wrong" after a few seconds.this is very annoying. you can only add certain file types...
  8. Photos and Favourites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Find favourites in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find favourites in Photo app?: Hello! How can I find photos that I've marked as favourites? There's no folder for it in the Photo app. submitted by /u/striped_eyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9m08/find_favourites_in_photo_app/
  10. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...