Windows 10: Where is icon for File Explorer?

Discus and support Where is icon for File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judesman, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

Where is icon for File Explorer?

In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607)

:)

Judesman, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Mr. Clay Win User

where is the default file location for activesync photos?

Replying to your own post is like losing at solitaire.

But it never prompted me to use a folder I wanted, it just said "done".

I did read the manual and help files, but didn't notice them saying anything about it.

c'mon guys! I have faith in you; I just know you can help me out!

Thanks,

Mr. Clay, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Mr. Clay Win User
    where is the default file location for activesync photos?

Guys, And Gals -

I know this sounds like an incredibily dense question.

But it's not quite as stupid as it sounds.

Really.

I read that the default folder is My Pictures.

Now, if you actually use My Documents all the time, then this is easy; it's in there. I don't use it on purpose for anything; I like to create my own folders.

But I've formatted the hard drive a time or two, copied and pasted all the data from one hard drive to a new one,and with 3 users on the computer, it now has 12 My Pictures folders, none of which I intentionally created, use or even want.

And 1,000 photos I need are not in any of them, despite successfully using activesync....weekly.

I used google desktop to find the exact file name of some of the photos, no deal.

I looked thru activesync help. It tells you how to move files, but not the default folder....or how to change the default folder of pictuers.....

Anyone know ? Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mr. Clay, Oct 1, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

The folder in the icon tray to the right of the search window.

Where is icon for File Explorer? [​IMG]

essenbe, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    On the Start menu?:

To turn the links on & off go to settings, personalization, start, choose which folders appear on start:

Then select the folder you want:

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2016
  6. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks Cliff S, that's it.

Judesman, Oct 2, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Something I once talked with @Kari about, some settings are actually a bit harder to find, than others, the way the Settings App is now designed(just as catastrophic as Control panel with every thing scattered).
    We both like and prefer using trees(slide out menus) :
    A tree is like the Navigation Pane in File Explorer on the left side.
    Adding a Settings toolbar to the Taskbar(like the desktop toolbar; see screenshot) with a slide out menu tree would make finding settings clearer and easier, IMO.

Control Panel on Desktop Toolbar:

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2016
  8. Judesman Win User

Cliff S, thanks for your thoughts on this, and ESSENBE I am sorry I didn't make it clear in my post exactly what it was I was trying to achieve.

Judesman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Where is icon for File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Where icon File

2. Icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in file explorer: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Winows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. What does the pinned icon mean?thanks,Mark...
  3. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  4. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  5. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  6. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  7. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icons: I am trying to find the setting so I can see thumbnails of my pictures in file explorer. I also can not see previews of my pictures in the right hand panel. How do I make these adjustments....
  8. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c
  9. Where are recovered files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are recovered files in file explorer: A few days ago I was frantically looking for a version of my document that was too old for Version History, not in unsaved documents, not in the recycling bin. I found it by typing in some address that included the terms "C:" and "recovered" in file explorer. Now I need this...
  10. Where is Win10 in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Win10 in File Explorer?: In File Explorer under "This PC" I have WIN7 (C) under "Devices and Drives" but no mention of Win 10. Why? 30282