Windows 10: Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary.

Discus and support Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I read somewhere about unexpected shutdownswhen in a power loss in windows 10 computers. It had said something information being stored in the RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ezra Johns, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary.

I read somewhere about unexpected shutdownswhen in a power loss in windows 10 computers. It had said something information being stored in the RAM temporary. If anyone know please tell me where it the information is stored.

:)

Ezra Johns, Feb 12, 2021

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Feb 12, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary.

unexpected shutdown

Pavan N

the shutdown has only happened once I will take steps you suggested if it happens again thanks for your help

brianduggan, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary.

1. Where is information about an unexpected shutdown stored temporary. - Similar Threads - Where information unexpected

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log: Getting unexpected shutdown almost everyday and cannot debug how to fix, here are the attachments:Got all my hardware re-checked from local hardware vendorPlease help further diagnose and check for solutions:My Windows Specifications:...
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log: Getting unexpected shutdown almost everyday and cannot debug how to fix, here are the attachments:Got all my hardware re-checked from local hardware vendorPlease help further diagnose and check for solutions:My Windows Specifications:...
  4. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  6. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  7. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  8. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  9. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  10. Unexpected Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Shutdowns: Hey Y'all, I hope you can shed some light on my issue. My PC has been shutting down unexpectedly and then reboots. Event Viewer is filled to the brim with Errors and Warnings. Everything from DistributedCOM to Kernel-EvenTracking, User Device Registration and Perflib. I...