Windows 10: Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

Discus and support Where is log of USB connection/disconnection? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes I hear the audio for a USB connection/disconnect, so maybe a device is malfunctioning, but when I try to find the tray icon it's too late. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/j---train, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

Sometimes I hear the audio for a USB connection/disconnect, so maybe a device is malfunctioning, but when I try to find the tray icon it's too late. Is there a log?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/j---train
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/j---train, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Cr00zng Win User

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Thanks Bree, but doing so made no difference.

I've been researching this issue, including event ID 51. Most seems to suggest that the drive is failing, but that isn't for my drive. The USB 3.0 hub on the monitor does not have the system connect/disconnect issue, transferring 11 GBs of data didn't even take long:

Where is log of USB connection/disconnection? [​IMG]

The most helpful advice had been this one:

USB port mess... - Windows 7 Help Forums

Yes, my own post from four years ego in Windows 7 forum, pretty much forgot that the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard has a hardware issue related to the USB ports.

Maybe removing all USB hubs/devices, let Windows 10 detect them and install the driver(s) would resolve this. After reading through my link above, I am not inclined to do that at this time...

Again, thanks for your help Bree...

Cr00zng, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

In fact it is completely normal and nothing to do with your problems. Note the indent of the first instance? That's because it is listed under 'This PC'. The second one is listed under Desktop, which also contains 'This PC'. You cannot change this behaviour, but you can collapse 'This PC' if you don't want to see two listings.

Thema:

Where is log of USB connection/disconnection?

1. Where is log of USB connection/disconnection? - Similar Threads - Where log USB

2. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  3. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  4. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  6. non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly

non-existent USB connects and disconnects repeatedly: My PC is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340 I have never had problems with devices I connect via USB. However when nothing is plugged in my laptop has recently started making the usb connect/disconnect alert sounds all the time, when you look at the Device Manage you can see an unknown...
  7. USB connecting and disconnecting

USB connecting and disconnecting: This is a sort-of follow on to my earlier question about cables. Tethering a camera to a tablet, laptop or desktop generally takes a couple cables (often a USB on-the-go cable). So I have a 3 meter Amazon Basics USB 3 Type-A extension and a 1M USB 3 Type-A to micro B. Works...
  8. System connects and disconnects USB drives...

System connects and disconnects USB drives...: This one puzzles me... If and when a USB extrernal drive connects to the front panel of the desktop system, it shows this: [img] Note: Drive "R" is a removable drive, connected to the the motherbord's SATA II port. I've tried this tutorial, but it did not change the...
  9. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...
  10. Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects: Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 64-bit. I just upgraded from Windows 8 hoping that would solve my issue but it did not. I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related, right?...