Windows 10: Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

Discus and support Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to remove ms account from my system since i never wanted it and somehow Win10 decided to use one when i used some MS store app. But i can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PerkelPerkel, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

I want to remove ms account from my system since i never wanted it and somehow Win10 decided to use one when i used some MS store app.

But i can't remove it from settings accounts since there is no "remove" and i can't create local account since there is no "sign in with local account" option in your info like in many tutorials stated.

:)

PerkelPerkel, Aug 25, 2020
  2. joelshort Win User

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync settings.

When I start the tablet the login screen asks for my pin. I want to be able to automatically login without entering a pin or password. To do that I use netplwiz and uncheck the option to require a password for login. So far so good.

But when the tablet restarts I am presented with a login screen that now shows two accounts, my MS account and what appears to be a local account but with the same name. If I then reverse the process and enable the "require a password" option in netplwiz there is only one account shown on the login screen but then I have to use a pin or password.

How do I remove that second local account on the login screen and then login automatically? There is only one account listed in the user account settings page.

joelshort, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

4. Kari Win User

Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows. [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

1. Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows. - Similar Threads - Where login local

2. Can't login to local account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  3. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  4. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  6. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....: So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and it would sync everything. But the old VM device is linked under my Microsoft account and I want to remove it cause I can't...
  7. Can't switch from local to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from local to MS account: I am trying to switch from my local account back to my Microsoft account. Yes, back to it; it worked fine before I used the local account to troubleshoot some setting issues. I filled in my password and it said it's wrong. I verified by logging in to my MS account online...
  8. Can't remove local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  9. Can't remove local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  10. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...