Windows 10: Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Discus and support Where is MS Photo viewer exe located in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry this is a bone head question but I am at wits end and googling the questions did not help. I have a brand new windows 10 computer. One of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mslacat2363, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Sorry this is a bone head question but I am at wits end and googling the questions did not help.

I have a brand new windows 10 computer. One of my programs wants to to know how to handle/display jpg's. Everyone suggests to me that MS Photo Viewer program included free with windows 10 is the way to go. I am not even sure what I was using in Windows 7. So when my program asks how I want to handle JPG's I browse to:

c: programs\windows photo viewer\

In this directory and one sub directory the only one exe file that can be seen imagingdevices.exe. Click on that and it starts to add/configure your imaging scanner. When I scanned the computer for photo*.exe My computer found only one file and it was not it. I opened a jpg file in explorer by double clicking on it and the photo opened and in the upper left corner of the pane it says "photo -<name of photo>" ut I could not find any "properties" option/pull down so I could trace this back to the programs source. I have wasted 2 hours trying to do this simple task that I have done hundreds of times before. It should not be this difficult!

Back up plan abandon MS Window recommendation and find a good viewer on the net and install. Recomendations.

:)

mslacat2363, Sep 29, 2019
  2. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Sep 29, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    what happen to windows photo viewer

That's what I was trying to say to you: the file for Windows Photo Viewer is a DLL file and not an EXE file. It needs a specific command to run:

where the last parameter -- %1 -- is the full path to the image file.

Rather than having to use that cumbersome command (from a Command Prompt window), you should be able to get WPV back by right-clicking on an image file and selecting WPV from the list of suggested applications.

What happens if you right-click on an image file (e.g., a *.jpg file) and select "Open with"? Do you see Windows Photo Viewer at the bottom of the list?

4. Clark Ari Win User

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

1. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located - Similar Threads - Where Photo viewer

2. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  3. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  4. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS photo viewer zoom slider missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS photo viewer zoom slider missing: Hello,I have 2 issues with zoom slider in win 10 photo viewer and side slider in my Instagram account is also missing. The issues happened quite at same time.1. MS photo viewer - the zoom slider is missing like the one in the image i found on the net. You can see in the...
  6. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Question raised previously by: mslacat2363 September 2019 Ian Hicks May 2020 We use an Electronic Document Management System EDMS for all of our Project Deliverables. This includes multiple different file formats, such as .pdf .dgn .docx .xlsx .jpg .png etc. For all...
  7. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: I have the same problem as mslacat2363 September 2019 I can attach a file to my data actually, just the file link, the original file remains on disk. My program needs to know what type of file it is. It uses: E = String260, Chr0 i = FindExecutablesFilePath,...
  8. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer: I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could find the .exe file in a systems or systems 32 directory. Anyone know where Windows 10 Pro keeps this file ? (also, I dl'd the...
  9. MS "PHOTO" & "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER"

MS "PHOTO" & "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER": How do I get rid of large blue (square) icon that has suddenly appeared in the lower left corner of every picture thumbnail (jpg/tiff/…) in my photos folder? Was happily using MS "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER", for my thumbnails and viewer... which somehow has now disappeared (not a...
  10. W10 default photo viewer registry location

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo viewer where is exe

2. microsoft photos exe location

3. location of windows 7 photos aplication system 32

4. where is windows photo viewer exe