Windows 10: Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

Discus and support Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to customize something within my windows 10 settings, but I cannot find ms-settings anywhere. submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrFlamethrower, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

I’m trying to customize something within my windows 10 settings, but I cannot find ms-settings anywhere.

submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrFlamethrower, Apr 18, 2020

2. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

1. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Where settings located

2. Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?: Why is it I can see "C:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" in a MS-DOS command console but I can't see those directories folders in File Explorer?...
  3. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Question raised previously by: mslacat2363 September 2019 Ian Hicks May 2020 We use an Electronic Document Management System EDMS for all of our Project Deliverables. This includes multiple different file formats, such as .pdf .dgn .docx .xlsx .jpg .png etc. For all...
  4. Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer: I **** up in random game on microsoft store and i reinstall it but game save on it own and continue as if i never uninstall it, how do i find those game's file and delete it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  5. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: I have the same problem as mslacat2363 September 2019 I can attach a file to my data actually, just the file link, the original file remains on disk. My program needs to know what type of file it is. It uses: E = String260, Chr0 i = FindExecutablesFilePath,...
  6. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Sorry this is a bone head question but I am at wits end and googling the questions did not help. I have a brand new windows 10 computer. One of my programs wants to to know how to handle/display jpg's. Everyone suggests to me that MS Photo Viewer program included free...
  7. Where is Windows Explorer locate?

Where is Windows Explorer locate?: Where is Windows Explorer locate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows-explorer-locate/0fc63215-e3c7-45f8-822a-c3a04a2d0948"
  8. How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree: In WIN7 and WIN 8.1 once I opened a windows explorer program (I have one for my videos and another for my LAN cloud server) they would open where I last closed them. This expedited copying/moving files from one explorer window to another. In Windows 10 file explorer always...
  9. MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location: Hi, In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following: In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit" After editing: "Save as" (press...
  10. Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's The Registry Location For File Explorer's Size?: Hello, when you open any File Explorer window (such as going to C:\ ), File Explorer has a specific saved window size that it opens with. So when you resize it, either horizontally and/or vertically, close it and re-open it again, it saves the size of the window. I would like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is settings located