Windows 10: Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?

Discus and support Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used the scanner a few hours ago, but it is now greyed out on the file menu in classic paint. Also, under "add a device", why is there no scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lifeisadimension, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?

I used the scanner a few hours ago, but it is now greyed out on the file menu in classic paint. Also, under "add a device", why is there no scanner shown?

:)

lifeisadimension, Jun 24, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Hewjr100 Win User
    Hp Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. Scanner not working.

First I installed the basic drivers, then I downloaded the full package. Niether worked, but the hp scan and capture app did the trick. Btw there still is no scanner listed in device manager under imaging devices?

Henry

Hewjr100, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner?

1. Where is my all-in-one HP device scanner? - Similar Threads - Where device scanner

2. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  3. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  4. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can no longer use my HP Scanner All-In-One Officejet Pro L7590 as a scanner with my Windows...

Can no longer use my HP Scanner All-In-One Officejet Pro L7590 as a scanner with my Windows...: The HP Solutions Center no longer runs for some reason and when I try to use the Fax and Scan function in Widows 10 it does not recognize my printer/scanner as anything except a printer. Does anyone know how I can recover my scanning capability? I have tried the HP on line...
  6. HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner

HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner: Every time there is a Windows Update, my printer stops working. The light is on "but nobody home" - does any one know how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-4360-all-in-one-printerfaxscanner/2f414553-e622-42b0-8420-e33f09f90144
  7. HP Officejet J4580 ALL-IN-ONE scanner not working

HP Officejet J4580 ALL-IN-ONE scanner not working: Scanner stopped working, says WIA driver missing?? Running Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-j4580-all-in-one-scanner-not-working/28b6f4c2-bcdb-4e5a-aa8f-8be881454b98
  8. Unable to connect to scanner in all-in-one HP printer

Unable to connect to scanner in all-in-one HP printer: I can't seem to connect to my scanner in my all-in-one HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. I go to Settings>Printers and select my printer and click Manage. When I click Open scanner, nada. Any suggestions? Thanks! cfw...
  9. HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop

HP scanner -all in one -not working with new laptop: New Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 and HP scanner (all in one) Can't scan, but can see the preview on the screen? "Sorry it's not working properly, please try again"!! Whaaat?! Already tried Dell's "help"...
  10. where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy

where is the finger print scanner on my hp envy: new to this where is the finger print scanner on hp envy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-is-the-finger-print-scanner-on-my-hp-envy/4d663a52-6411-413d-9ae7-8e46c3d8ef3e