Windows 10: Where is my disk space going?

Discus and support Where is my disk space going? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, This is really making me anxious. Whenever I download a big application and then proceed to delete it, a few GB of space vanishes into thin air?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaddieWaffle, May 10, 2020.

1. Where is my disk space going?

Hey,

This is really making me anxious. Whenever I download a big application and then proceed to delete it, a few GB of space vanishes into thin air? What's happening? Please help I'm losing it.

TIA

submitted by /u/DaddieWaffle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaddieWaffle, May 10, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, May 23, 2020
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 23, 2020
  4. Where is my disk space going?

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Where is my disk space going?

1. Where is my disk space going? - Similar Threads - Where disk space

2. Where is my disk space going

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my disk space going: So I have windows 10 and my computer says 175 GB of 232 GB free. That means 52 GB of disk space has been used. But, when I go into the disk, select everything and press properties and wait for it to completely load, it only says 42 GB. This lead me to wonder where the other...
  3. Where is my disk space going

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my disk space going: So I have windows 10 and my computer says 175 GB of 232 GB free. That means 52 GB of disk space has been used. But, when I go into the disk, select everything and press properties and wait for it to completely load, it only says 42 GB. This lead me to wonder where the other...
  4. Where is my disk space going

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  6. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  7. Where is my ram going?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is my ram going?: Hello, in the past week I have ran into a memory issue that I can't quite figure out. I have 8gb of ram on my computer. A program that uses about 2.8gb says it is using 54-60% depending when I check where as before this issue started occurring it was using approximately 30%....
  8. WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO: I went to go eat dinner and i decide to check my c drive for how much space it had on it, and it says 3 gb, which is pretty good because i never have any space on my c drive and mostly all of the space leaves just like this, so i go to eat dinner which took about 15 minutes,...
  9. Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?: The folders inside the C: are 6GB, 1GB, 647MB, 20GB, and 567 MB. And my total C: space is 222 GB of space. So I don't think if you add up the folder sizes it adds up to 222GB. So where did my space go? It should be more than 17.1MB i would think. It was 100GB and...
  10. Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Created A Recovery Drive - Where Did The Space Go ?: I created a Recovery Drive on an external hard drive with 1 TB capacity. After the drive was created, it shows only a capacity of 31.9 GB. Where did the rest of the space go ?...