Windows 10: Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer"

Discus and support Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not finding anything in W10 that tells me how to see the drive in order to eject a disk. My eject key isn't working. I have always had to right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoannMadson, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer"

I'm not finding anything in W10 that tells me how to see the drive in order to eject a disk. My eject key isn't working. I have always had to right click on the drive itself to eject it.

:)

JoannMadson, Jan 21, 2020

2. DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer"

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Thema:

Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer"

1. Where is my DVD drive? it's not on "My PC" which has replaced "my Computer" - Similar Threads - Where DVD drive

2. Simulating a DVD drive on my windows PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simulating a DVD drive on my windows PC: I am converting a whole lot of VHS tapes to digital format using VHStoDVD7.0 Deluxe software which I bought several ears ago, but am using now. I have a windows 10 PC with a DVD driveNow, the software requires me to burn a DVD physically, where as I wish to dump the image on...
  3. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  4. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  5. WHERE'S MY DVD PLAYER??????

WHERE'S MY DVD PLAYER??????: DEAR MICROSOFT, This is another customer. I just purchased the same program for $14.99 plus tax and all I get is the launcher for the free trial that will not go away. I did what you said about installing it and I get the same message Launcher and free trial right on top of...
  6. Where has my DVD/CD gone?

Where has my DVD/CD gone?: Hello members, and Happy Easter to you. I have a problem with my HP Laptop, which I hope someone out there would have some idea of how to fix. I got my laptop as a reconditioned machine about seven - eight months ago. Everything and all devices work perfectly. Since then I...
  7. replace my downloads folder with my google drive in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    replace my downloads folder with my google drive in This PC: I would like to replace my downloads folder with my google drive, since I download to my desktop. Any idea how of if I can do this? [img] 128309
  8. dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc

dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc: hi in my pc i have dvd writer driver ,but now i can see the dvd/cd driver icon not appearing in my computer can help me to dvd driver software so i install...
  9. DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.

DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.: I have an HP Notebook with Windows 10. I recently purchased a USB DVD drive just to watch movies on my laptop, as it does not have an internal DVD drive. When I plug it in, the drive itself responds: the light flashes and the disc spins, as one would expect, but I get...
  10. Which is the best replacement to my computer?

Which is the best replacement to my computer?: I want your opinion on the best replacement for my computer,is xyplorer good or speed commander ? 105845

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is the dvd drive at the top of my computer