Windows 10: where is my file gone.

Discus and support where is my file gone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; where is my file gone. an assignment has just vanished, only explanation word is giving it it might be moved renamed or deleted. none of this would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danielle corbett, Jul 28, 2022.

1. where is my file gone.

where is my file gone. an assignment has just vanished, only explanation word is giving it it might be moved renamed or deleted. none of this would have happened, it is nowhere to be found and recycling bin is empty.. please help me

:)

danielle corbett, Jul 28, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 28, 2022
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

4. where is my file gone.

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

where is my file gone.

1. where is my file gone. - Similar Threads - where file gone

2. Where is my Publisher text gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my Publisher text gone?: Using Publisher 2016, Windows 10. Never had this problem before. I have 23 lines of text and it shows text wants to overflow the box. If I stretch the text box, even a small amount, all the text disappears....
  3. Where is my Publisher text gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my Publisher text gone?: Using Publisher 2016, Windows 10. Never had this problem before. I have 23 lines of text and it shows text wants to overflow the box. If I stretch the text box, even a small amount, all the text disappears....
  4. Where is my Publisher text gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Where has my space gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has my space gone?: For a while now I've been getting warnings that my C: Windows 10 folder is running out of space. It hasn't caused any noticeable performance issues and I usually do some clearing up when I get the message.Over the weekend I moved an additional 5GB to the Windows 10 partition...
  6. where is my file gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my file gone.: where is my file gone. an assignment has just vanished, only explanation word is giving it it might be moved renamed or deleted. none of this would have happened, it is nowhere to be found and recycling bin is empty.. please help me...
  7. Where have my emails gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where have my emails gone?: Please help,My emails keep vanishing and I can only see the last few days. I have some very important legal documents and correspondence that I need. If I use the search box, I just get a message "nothing here"I have looked at some of the suggestions offered but nothing...
  8. Where is my wifi gone??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is my wifi gone??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeipeLeo28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugwkp/where_is_my_wifi_gone/
  9. where have my icons gone to

in Windows 10 Customization
    where have my icons gone to: My icons have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-have-my-icons-gone-to/4c38a388-8872-474f-ac9b-6efbe8bcd64a
  10. Where has my sound gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where has my sound gone?: Halfway through watching something on YouTube yesterday an update icon came on the screen - by mistake I clicked for it to update and ever since then I haven't had any sound. I've followed all the trouble shooting options - including uninstalling - and still nothing....