Windows 10: Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside)

Discus and support Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; [img] Where is it? Im confused PS ; im a computer noob *Redface 30907 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by WindowsLoooveer, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside)

Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside) [​IMG]

Where is it? Im confused

PS ; im a computer noob *Redface

:)

WindowsLoooveer, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 20, 2015
  3. where is my phone located on my lab top

Not sure why you unmarked Prof Julie's replay as unanswered.

You asked in your original post "where is my phone located on my lab top and is it free". I am assuming that you are asking where the program "MyPhone" is located on your laptop ... is that correct?
    If yes, then Prof Julies reply was correct when she said "My Phone is a free web based service and so no application is installed to a computer".

If that was not your question icathy, could you clarify your question?

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator

Windows Phone Forums

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 20, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside)

It appears that you do not have a video card, the video system being integrated into the motherboard.

LMiller7, Nov 20, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yours is a chip on the motherboard. If you had an actual graphics card, the connection where you connect your monitor would be down in one of those looks like 7 horizontal slots - one of which you don't have a cover over.

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2015
  6. So this means I cant change it? There is no way to change integrated for another integrated?

7. LMiller7 Win User
    You can install a graphics card that will be used instead of the integrated video. If you provide system specs we could provide more details.

LMiller7, Nov 20, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

It probably is possible to fit one, bear a few things in mind though.

you may need a new power supply..
    Some cards are really very good and work on the power the slot provides, but many don't, this may mean that you will need to upgrade your power supply

You will need to disable your on board card in the BIOS..
    You may or may not know how to do this, may I suggest that if you don't know what you are doing that you get a knowledgable friends to help you, or take it into a suitable (and trustworthy) repair/upgrade shop, they will also be able to give you various options.

You will probably need to install the new card drivers..
    This is perhaps what you will feel most at home with, if you get a experienced friend/shop to upgrade for you, they will normally do this for you.

Something like the NV 750/750Ti offer incredible value for money.
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti PC-Gaming Graphics Card from NVIDIA

zooburner, Nov 20, 2015
  9. I was gonna try to swap graphics cards from one pc to another but I now I know its integrated :/

The other graphic card is named ; Intel HD Graphics Family

10. YonathanZ Win User
    What is the reason you'd like to swap graphics cards?

YonathanZ, Nov 21, 2015
  11. bobkn Win User
    To clarify things a little (?): the integrated graphics of that type are built in to the CPU.

You can add a discrete graphics card and use that instead. (That's common. Many current Intel CPUs have built-in graphics, but a lot of PCs add separate graphics cards to get better performance.)

The picture isn't good enough for me to be 100% sure, but I think that the black slot is a PCI-E X16 slot. (If you posted your system specs, I wouldn't have to guess.) That's the common interface used for most graphics cards that have been on the market for some time (maybe 10 years).

bobkn, Nov 22, 2015
  12. Berton Win User
    Yes, the long card slot nearest the CPU is either the older AGP or the newer PCIe-X16. Have seen motherboards with a PCIe-x1 in that position but still the longer will the PCIe-X16. There are a few motherboards available with 2 PCIe-X16 slots for 2 cards.

Berton, Nov 22, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

The black slot is usually PCI-E 16x. You can tell if you see only two sections, a small near the computer case and a large after (see picture below). AGP would have three sections, about the same size. Installing a discrete graphics card automatically disables the onboard graphics in most motherboards, so you don't need to go into BIOS to do it manually. In some motherboards you can keep the onboard enabled to use it for multi-monitor setup, the discrete card takes priority by default (is the one to give picture to the monitor during boot). OF course you will have to install new graphics drivers for your new card. Go directly at nVidia or AMD to get latest drivers. Do not rely on DVD-ROM or Windows Update.

Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside) [​IMG]

spapakons, Nov 22, 2015
  14. I cant get a better quality picture ... The reason i was gonna try to swap becuz the Intel HD Grapics Card is lil better than the Intel G41

WindowsLoooveer, Nov 22, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    You cannot swap onboard graphics, but you can add a new PCI-E graphics card. There is no need to be something expensive, the entry level nVidia or AMD should be OK and faster than Intel.

spapakons, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Where is my graphic card located in my PC? (Pic inside) - Similar Threads - Where graphic card

2. My Graphics card freezeing my pc at boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Graphics card freezeing my pc at boot screen: Hi everyone i nned some consont my gpu gt 730 ddr3 4gb freezing my pc when i install its driver. my procceser is i3 540 4 gb of ram ddr3 power supply of 450w. Please help me...
  3. My Graphics card freezeing my pc at boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Graphics card freezeing my pc at boot screen: Hi everyone i nned some consont my gpu gt 730 ddr3 4gb freezing my pc when i install its driver. my procceser is i3 540 4 gb of ram ddr3 power supply of 450w. Please help me...
  4. Where is NVIDIA Graphics Card on my surface book 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is NVIDIA Graphics Card on my surface book 3?: Just got a surface book 3 and installed windows 11. I have a program called NVIDIA control panel but when I click it I'm given an error message: NVIDIA Graphics card not found on your system. All updates and driver updates are done but still when I search on device manager...
  5. Where is NVIDIA Graphics Card on my surface book 3?

Where is NVIDIA Graphics Card on my surface book 3?: Just got a surface book 3 and installed windows 11. I have a program called NVIDIA control panel but when I click it I'm given an error message: NVIDIA Graphics card not found on your system. All updates and driver updates are done but still when I search on device manager...
  6. Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?

Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?: Hi guys, I'm looking to see where groove Music on my pc is located. Where is groove.exe located? I tried searching for it. But I ant find it anywhere. Looking forward to your answers. 155678
  7. Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?: Hi guys, I'm looking to see where groove Music on my pc is located. Where is groove.exe located? I tried searching for it. But I ant find it anywhere. Looking forward to your answers. 155678
  8. my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Graphic card: does intel hd 630 is the same as nvidia gtx 1050...because I just bought a laptop Lenovo legion intel i7 7th gen and nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 and I saw my gpu was named intel hd 630...are they same...
  9. Where can I find a driver for my graphics card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where can I find a driver for my graphics card.: I got Windows 10 and now I need to find a driver for my graphic card. I have ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series. However I went to amd.com/drivers, but could not find it. The manual driver search only goes up to Windows 8. Please help. I need Catalyst Control Center. Thank...
  10. Is it my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it my graphics card?: Hey everyone im new to this forum and I need some expertise. I recently built my first pc this summer and ive been having problems for the past 2 months with games crashing. At first they would only crash when a sound or spotify overlay came up. Now im getting graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is graphic inside