Windows 10: Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

Discus and support Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have uninstalled KIS completely, but when I open host file and get this: #This file has been replaced with its default version by Kaspersky Lab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by join, Mar 10, 2019.

1. join Win User

Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

I have uninstalled KIS completely, but when I open host file and get this:
    #This file has been replaced with its default version by Kaspersky Lab because of possible infection

Please help me to find it back. Thank you

Edit: Windows 10 1809

:)

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

1. Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS - Similar Threads - Where host file

2. Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017: Hello to everyone. I have been using Windows Defender as my antivirus software for some time but i recently decided to switch into a better one so i installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017. Even though the installation was successful and Kaspersky works fine with no...
  3. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  4. Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall: Hi, Yesterday, I used Revo Uninstaller to remove McAfee. I used the advanced mode to get all the deeply embedded pieces of it. But today, when I check the Task Manager, I saw a bunch of McAfee programs running in the background. It doesn't appear that they're taking up any...
  5. My "hosts" file was gone again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My "hosts" file was gone again: Hello, My "hosts" file were gone for the second time after i re-created it weeks ago. Why is that happen? was it why i got ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED often? I'm not the only one that have this problem because other peoples have the same problem on Win 7 and Win 8 51982
  6. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosts file: How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default? pls Is This good? 30362
  7. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  8. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did my files go?: Just updated to a new windows 10 build using the dvd. Installed using the keep personal files option. The complete opposite seems to have happened! My program files folder is still there. I have a windows.old folder. And a new e: but wherever I look the users folders,...
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081
  10. Where's my hibernation file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's my hibernation file?: I lost my hibernation capability in my upgrade from Win7 to Win10. So I am trying to get it back. Couldn't find hiberfil.sys in C:\ so I looked for instructions on this site and found them. But here's what is happening (cut and paste from the elevated command window):...