Windows 10: Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

Discus and support Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have uninstalled KIS completely, but when I open host file and get this: #This file has been replaced with its default version by Kaspersky Lab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by join, Mar 10, 2019.

1. join Win User

Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

I have uninstalled KIS completely, but when I open host file and get this:
    #This file has been replaced with its default version by Kaspersky Lab because of possible infection

Please help me to find it back. Thank you

Edit: Windows 10 1809

:)

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS

1. Where is my host file after uninstalling KIS - Similar Threads - Where host file

2. Where are my files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files ?: How can I still have ALL my files in My Documents and OneDrive ? Because today, I just realized that My Documents folder C:\Users\dad\Documents is empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/e4d77bbc-f552-46f9-9499-d925b32e274e
  3. Where are my files?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my files?!?!?!?!: I unlinked my one drive from my computer and everything is gone!!! All my documents and important files have disappeared! How do I get them back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/4ed34bcf-ed6c-4090-a2b7-04fd62d486ae
  4. File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet: I'm having issues on accessing my PC connected to the router via ethernet cable. I've hosted a jellyfin app on my pc and wanted to connect to it from my phone via wifi. If I switch my pc's connection to wifi, there is no problem. Need help please. Network profile is in...
  5. Where to uninstall my display driver ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to uninstall my display driver ?: I want to uninstall my display driver , but i have 1 question where to uninstall my display driver :- safe mode or normal mode . please tell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-uninstall-my-display-driver/f3a72da0-2366-4bd3-a669-1526d801addb
  6. Where are my files

Where are my files: My system did an automatic upgrade and now I cannot find my files, pictures, downloads, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-files/2c1c067c-f3ed-4443-965d-34d4082b9e54
  7. ShutDown Freezes After Updating KIS

in Windows 10 Support
    ShutDown Freezes After Updating KIS: Hello. After updating to the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security and Zemana AntiMalwarre, when I try to shutdown the PC it freezes at "Stopping Services" white type against a blue background. Any suggestions as to how to solve this will be most appreciated. Thank...
  8. My Hosts file is a system file

My Hosts file is a system file: My hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc is a system folder and when i edit it it not like what is being show to other users on Youtube and here in Microsoft Community and i'm worry about edit it so i need a solution for this. PS : I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1809...
  9. KIS Total v Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KIS Total v Defender: My Kaspersky Total Security 2019 runs out end May but they want nearly double what I paid last time, so shopping around. I know everyone has preferences but what I am looking at is Effectiveness/Price/Users. Those that I have looked at are comparable in price to KIS, and...
  10. Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017: Hello to everyone. I have been using Windows Defender as my antivirus software for some time but i recently decided to switch into a better one so i installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017. Even though the installation was successful and Kaspersky works fine with no...