Windows 10: Where is my memory going?!

Discus and support Where is my memory going?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, So I have 8 GB of ram installed on my computer. My problem is that when only having open a few tabs on Opera, and a few background apps like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminTibell, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Where is my memory going?!

Hey,

So I have 8 GB of ram installed on my computer. My problem is that when only having open a few tabs on Opera, and a few background apps like Discord, UTorrent and Spotify, I still use 80% of my memory, and my PC starts lagging. When I check my task manager, I can't see what's taking up all my memory. I would like to know how I can see what's taking my memory so I can do something about it.

See screenshots below.

Where is my memory going?! 14ddce26-db84-49e3-9acb-5976d2f36b5c?upload=true.png Where is my memory going?! 8e0bf110-14ec-4ee1-925b-73f1fad5b765?upload=true.png

To me it seems like Opera is the one taking up most memory, but that's only 300MB. So what is taking up the rest?

:)

BenjaminTibell, Aug 28, 2019

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Where is my memory going?!

Memory Issue.

Go to motherboard manufacturer site, go to Support section, download memory compatibility list. Check your memory.

If you'll find it in list go to step two: at memory manufacturer site download memory manual.

Compare memory settings in manual and in BIOS.

Igor Leyko, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Where is my memory going?!

1. Where is my memory going?! - Similar Threads - Where memory going

2. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does hardware reserved memory go?: Hello, I was just wondering that where does my hardware reserved memory go and what does it do? Does it help in saving memory for the integrated GPU?Here is a screenshot in task manager:I have 8GB of ram, is this normal? Is there any benefit of having hardware reserved...
  3. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does hardware reserved memory go?: Hello, I was just wondering that where does my hardware reserved memory go and what does it do? Does it help in saving memory for the integrated GPU?Here is a screenshot in task manager:I have 8GB of ram, is this normal? Is there any benefit of having hardware reserved...
  4. Where does hardware reserved memory go?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where is my ram going?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is my ram going?: Hello, in the past week I have ran into a memory issue that I can't quite figure out. I have 8gb of ram on my computer. A program that uses about 2.8gb says it is using 54-60% depending when I check where as before this issue started occurring it was using approximately 30%....
  6. where did my memory go?

in Windows 10 Support
    where did my memory go?: I just filled up a flash drive with 23 gig of data and deleted the files. my C drive currently shows 9 gig of free space. Windows has been nagging me to do updates for a long time , so Im sure some of the memory was allocated to doing updates. But would that have been 14 gig...
  7. Where Did My Sketchpad Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Did My Sketchpad Go?: I ran the latest windows update on my surface and it seems that the Windows Ink Workspace is broken. I only have two options, and the sketchpad app that I use very often at work with coworkers/clients is gone. Do I need to restore and update again? Is this a known bug? Is the...
  8. Where does my memory go

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where does my memory go: I have for some time emptied my win update clean up after downloading latest updates and noticed that the amount it says I can recover does not seem to return to my hard drive this time it said I could recover 5.79 gb on my ssd it said before clearing used 43.4 free 179gb now...
  9. Where did my contacts go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my contacts go?: I am running Office Pro Plus 2007 and went to send email tonight and all my contacts have disappeared. I looked in icloud and nothing but got this error. This set of folders cannot be opened. Can't remember how to bring a file from Notepad into here. sorry. Hope someone can...
  10. Where did my outlook go?

in Browsers and Email
    Where did my outlook go?: Hi all. I just restarted my PC, and now I cannot find my "outlook" program. When I hit start and search for "outlook", it just stays there searching. And in my "all apps", I can't find it either. 20705