Windows 10: Where is my recovery partition?

Discus and support Where is my recovery partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro two days ago. Before that a "Recovery" partition was missing so I could not do a "Fresh Start" or "Reset my PC".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KH007i, Oct 17, 2019.

1. KH007i Win User

Where is my recovery partition?

I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro two days ago. Before that a "Recovery" partition was missing so I could not do a "Fresh Start" or "Reset my PC".

Now I can not find that partition either! I think it's supposed that Windows 10 installation process should create it automatically!

So here is a screenshot of "Disk Management" :

Where is my recovery partition? 5f46811a-b43e-4321-9dee-6c6700096420?upload=true.png

And that's another screenshot of "reagentc /info":

Where is my recovery partition? 34ce226c-5455-489a-b39e-da9c43281256?upload=true.png

:)

KH007i, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Oct 17, 2019
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Where is my recovery partition? :)

RyoTakagi, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Where is my recovery partition? - Similar Threads - Where recovery partition

2. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  3. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  4. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  6. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  7. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery partition: Hi all, After recent Windows updates my disk0 C: has now only 16GB of space. disk1 D: has 850 GB. Is there a way to move some of this from D: to C: ?? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/8efef761-2f1d-49e8-85a6-3e4b4fade16f
  8. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  9. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...
  10. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery partition: My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?...