Windows 10: Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number?

Discus and support Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just installed Window 10 from a download from Microsoft's Web site, then purchased a product license online from Microsoft's store. The Web site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ScorpioXThree, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number?

I just installed Window 10 from a download from Microsoft's Web site, then purchased a product license online from Microsoft's store. The Web site successfully activated my software while I was online. I was sent an email receipt but it does not contain a license key, nor does the online receipt for my purchase and I can't find it anywhere on the Web site. Shouldn't I have received a license number or product key? If not, how do I activate Windows 10 again should I need to reinstall it on my computer at some point?

:)

ScorpioXThree, Feb 4, 2020

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Ben Voigt Win User
    Is it possible to use a Windows 10 product key to activate a Windows 7 installation?

According to Microsoft, you can't use your Windows 10 keys. You will have to call Activation Support, provide proof that you have a license with downgrade rights, and they will provide a response to the activation challenge that will result in a one-time activation of an install.

Source: Device Partner Center

Ben Voigt, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number?

Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number?

1. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key or License Number? - Similar Threads - Where Product Key

2. Wheres the License or Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wheres the License or Product Key: I recently got an older computer from school that needed windows to be installed again. I found that you can turn windows into an installation media to download it onto a different computer/laptop from the Microsoft website. I did that downloaded onto the older computer, It...
  3. Wheres the License or Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wheres the License or Product Key: I recently got an older computer from school that needed windows to be installed again. I found that you can turn windows into an installation media to download it onto a different computer/laptop from the Microsoft website. I did that downloaded onto the older computer, It...
  4. Wheres the License or Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. where's my product key?

where's my product key?: Windows won't acvtivatee on new PC. No produxct key available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheres-my-product-key/aca3c979-93ae-46c3-8c0b-740ede02cfa8
  6. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key?

Where is my Windows 10 Product Key?: Purchased Windows 10 from store....product key was shown but there was a link that said "install update assistant" and clicked it. This took me to another page and i cannot access the product key ever since. Receipt has not been sent to email, product key has yet to be shown...
  7. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my Windows 10 Product Key?: Purchased Windows 10 from store....product key was shown but there was a link that said "install update assistant" and clicked it. This took me to another page and i cannot access the product key ever since. Receipt has not been sent to email, product key has yet to be shown...
  8. Where is my Windows 10 Product Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Where is my product key?

Where is my product key?: I installed Windows 10 Home on the new pc I built and went to this page to buy a product key to activate it. Or so I thought... It's been over 2 hours and the only email I've received does not contain a product key. There are no options in my order history to get the key or...
  10. Where's my windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where's my windows 10 product key?: Where's my windows 10 product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheres-my-windows-10-product-key/180a0186-578e-4faf-b130-8fd944e3ba52