Windows 10: Where is OneDrive stored?

Discus and support Where is OneDrive stored? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive been trying to find a clear answer to what has been an issue for me. Does what you have on One Drive actually take up space on my PC? As far as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pursuant, Jan 13, 2021.

1. pursuant Win User

Where is OneDrive stored?

Ive been trying to find a clear answer to what has been an issue for me. Does what you have on One Drive actually take up space on my PC? As far as I know I did not purchase or authorize files to go into an online cloud. I have 69 gigs stored in OneDrive and after viewing the files, I see that they have a 2016 date on them. These are music and photo files. I do have a large amount of photo and music files on my pc. I assume these are copies of some of these files? but not the original files. Can I delete the 69gigs and still assume I will keep the files I show on my hard drive?
    Thanks
    Mark

:)

pursuant, Jan 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Where is OneDrive stored? - Similar Threads - Where OneDrive stored

2. Where is onedrive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is onedrive on my laptop: I have lost contact with my onedrive from Windows 11 on my laptop. What am i missing?I want by a table pc and access files from my onedrive.I want to access onedrive from Microsoft Edge, Goggle Chrome and Windows 11 Explorer...
  3. Where is onedrive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is onedrive on my laptop: I have lost contact with my onedrive from Windows 11 on my laptop. What am i missing?I want by a table pc and access files from my onedrive.I want to access onedrive from Microsoft Edge, Goggle Chrome and Windows 11 Explorer...
  4. Screenshots are stored where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are stored where?: Where are screenshots stored? I looked in C:\Users\....\Pictures\Screenshots and there's nothing there. But I know they are somewhere because I can insert a screenshot in Powerpoint....
  5. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  6. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  7. Where is OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is OneDrive: I am trying to uninstall OneDrive completely from my personal computer, but although it appears in my list of apps, nothing happens when I click to launch the app. The directions I've seen for uninstalling it say to "Click the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the...
  8. WHERE ARE THE PHOTO LABELS ON ONEDRIVE?

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHERE ARE THE PHOTO LABELS ON ONEDRIVE?: Good Night The photo tags have disappeared, why? which is the reason? I have contacted Microsoft and they have told me that they are working to solve this problem as soon as possible. BUT I RECEIVED THIS ANSWER MORE THAN 2 MONTHS AGO. Will photo tags ever return to...
  9. Where are Updates Stored?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where are Updates Stored?: I want to add all the updates from my current system to an image I'm creating with MSMG Tolkit. Where would I find the *.exe files on my PC? I'm trying to keep the updates from adding back the features I remove. 127877
  10. Where is "Pause" on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is "Pause" on OneDrive?: I get alert to pause, but cannot pause. The menu containing "Pause" is gone. How to pause? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-pause-on-onedrive/6b47b85d-9232-44be-891f-c46b79eb00d1"