Windows 10: Where is OneNote stored?

Discus and support Where is OneNote stored? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wish to do a clean install of Windows 10. I have backed up and saved most of the files and folders that I wish to keep; however, I am unable to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pensionista_201146, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Where is OneNote stored?

I wish to do a clean install of Windows 10. I have backed up and saved most of the files and folders that I wish to keep; however, I am unable to find where 'My Notebook' or 'OneNote' files are kept.

The normal advice is to go to: C:>Users>Name>App Data>Local>Microsoft>OneNote>Version>Backup. I find 2 version folders; 14.0 & 16.0. The 14.0 folder>Backup has some 'Personal' pages and some 'Unfiled' pages, but nothing more recent than the last 18 months. The 16.0 folder>Backup is empty. So clearly this is not where my OneNote files are being saved and kept.

On OneDrive>Documents I have found a short cut to My Notebook that contains much of what I expect to see, but it was last updated 5 months ago.

I access OneNote almost daily and certainly have made alterations in the last week to OneNote that will have been saved; but where?

:)

Pensionista_201146, Dec 29, 2020

2. Unable to install OneNote from Windows Store

Hi Pete,

Error code 0x8004264b may occur due to a corrupted Windows Store cache. For us to know more about your concern installing OneNote on Windows Store, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked if you run into the same issue installing another Windows application?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve this error?

As an initial step, we suggest running the Windows Store apps troubleshooter found on this article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    . This automated tool normally resolves most of the known app concerns.

Additionally, we suggest signing out and signing in to your account to see if there will be any changes. Reset the Windows Store cache if you still experience the same difficulty. This is helpful in rectifying concerns in updating, installing and accessing
    Store applications. To do so, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then click on Command Prompt.
    • Type WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

We will be waiting for your response and update regarding this query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Where is OneNote stored?

OneNote won't open

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Have you downloaded the app from store?
    Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing
    experience.

I suggest you try restart your Computer and try to open your OneNote . if issue still persists, I kindly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Ruxo in the following thread which discusses about how to uninstall OneNote .

Onenote on windows 10 - Sorry something went wrong

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Where is OneNote stored?

1. Where is OneNote stored? - Similar Threads - Where OneNote stored

2. Where is the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Microsoft Store?: I just got a new PC and when I started it up Microsoft Store was not on the PC anywhere. I've looked in all apps and I've tried running the script. How do i get Microsoft store onto my computer?...
  3. Screenshots are stored where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are stored where?: Where are screenshots stored? I looked in C:\Users\....\Pictures\Screenshots and there's nothing there. But I know they are somewhere because I can insert a screenshot in Powerpoint....
  4. Where is OneNote for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is OneNote for Windows 10?: I use Windows 10 Home. I have Office 365 installed which includes OneNote but this is not the version of OneNote I want to use. I want to use OneNote for Windows 10 which can be downloaded here https://www.onenote.com/Download I download it. It gets downloaded as...
  5. Where is OneNote for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is OneNote for Windows 10?: I use Windows 10 Home. I have Office 365 installed which includes OneNote but this is not the version of OneNote I want to use. I want to use OneNote for Windows 10 which can be downloaded here https://www.onenote.com/Download I download it. It gets downloaded as...
  6. Where is OneNote for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 0x800706D9 - Download OneNote in MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0x800706D9 - Download OneNote in MS Store: As you see on the title, I still hardly figure out what causes this error and how I can fix it. I tried to search for a solution on the Internet, but not much. Until now, I have followed this website...
  8. Where are Updates Stored?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where are Updates Stored?: I want to add all the updates from my current system to an image I'm creating with MSMG Tolkit. Where would I find the *.exe files on my PC? I'm trying to keep the updates from adding back the features I remove. 127877
  9. Office OneNote update via Store

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office OneNote update via Store: There is a new update available for Office One Note App Version 17.6868.57811.0 Available from Windows Store Not the version which updates with Office 2016 49128
  10. Storing Onenote notes locally?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Storing Onenote notes locally?: When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one). 104451